No announcement yet.

1995 Pontiac GP. Best $970 ever spent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Pontiac GP. Best $970 ever spent!

I have a white 1995 Grand Prix SE 3.1 V6. i spent $850 on it. i probly put about $40 into buying and installing my cherrybomb glasspack (minus the Y-pipes and cat-conv) $30 on my 4" intake cone. and about $40 on replacing all the bulbs and making my interior glow blue. and $10 on painting the rims with rim paint. ive had to do absolutely no mechanical work on the car since i got it a few months back. the only thing i dont really care for is the ride hight. its not and SUV, there is no need for that much ground clearance. BUT it does handle good, and has a beastly take off. sounds like a V8 with the glasspack. Best $970 i ever spent. My car pics are in my profile.
    Attached Files

Painting those rims black is the best thing short of removing them. I am currently looking for a car just like that for my dad to replace a blown motor 97 taurus. Good find
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

looks good for the price. you should consider getting some sort of box to separate that cone filter from the rest of the engine bays overly warm air.

and yes, i would ditch the wheel covers too, but the $10 fix is good enough for now.

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

hell, yes the cherrybomb glasspack will sound good. which one did you end up using?
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

well the rims are the alloys, not wheel covers. i completely agree with making a box to separate the air from the cone and engine. it does get pretty hot. im going to try and use the stock box.

Comment

ive heard of guys doin that and thought of it, let me know how it goes.

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

I have the same issue with my 95 grand prix...I've the coupe though. I was thinking about cutting the stock airbox to fit the new filter and then trying to route some bigger piping to it to get more air.

Comment

The L82 sounds pretty boss straight glasspack. Nice find.
                -Chris-
                03 Black GAGT Sedan
                MODS:
                MP Racing CAI / Magnaflow High Flow Catalytic Converter / Flowmaster 80 series w/glasspack resonator
                Front STB / MSD Ignition: 8.5mm wires & blaster coils / SOME BIG GODDAMNED MUDFLAPS

And some other stuff to make it look pretty.

Comment

Working...
                X