New But Not Really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New But Not Really

Hey all whats up? Some people on here know me from the Beretta boards or the Quad Forums. Im no stranger to the 3100 or the GM 60* engines at all. My mom owns two, my oldest sister had two (one was the 3.4 DOHC), i have had two myself and now my wife has one with 95 GAGT that i picked up for her to replace her Sonata that we just sold.

The car i picked up for $500 and its got more mud (yes mud, so thick it doesnt classify as chocolate milk lol) in the 3100 than i have seen before. Its only got 71k miles on it and it looks good for its age, looks to have been mostly in a garage its life.

Im in the process of swapping in a 99 3400 that i picked up for pretty cheap. Im gonna freshen the motor up, replace a couple things, do a few minor things and so forth. I know its a 99 motor, but i found a 00 3100 at the same yard i got the motor from to snag the upper manifold from, maybe the lower too (might just take the upper manifold).

Sorry so long, but heres a couple pics.

Notice the temp gauge? lol

The rest of the pics can be seen here.

Enjoy for now
    Geoff

1990 Beretta GTZ Quad4 HO 5spd: Lots of work
    1995 Grand Am GT 3100 Auto: 3400 Swap in progress

Welcome! Looks like its in good shape. The 3400 swap should be relatively painless.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Look at that granDAMN!!!!!!!!
      Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Too bad the motor had to go with LIMG failure. That is low mileage. Hell my 3100 is beyond 220,000 miles and runs great. BTW the hood has been replaced before on that car.
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

how do you know its been replaced? according to all the paperwork i have on it, just the rear bumper has been replaced. Unless they didnt have paperwork for the hood. How can you tell its been replaced? If you refering to the second pic, its because of the shading from the cloudy day and the trees right there. If you look at the hood up by the drivers A-pillar, its the darker color the right side is. Trust me, its not been replaced, its just the way the lighting is. I dont have the best camera in the world.
          Last edited by 90GTZHO; 12-19-2009, 01:25 AM.
          Geoff

1990 Beretta GTZ Quad4 HO 5spd: Lots of work
          1995 Grand Am GT 3100 Auto: 3400 Swap in progress

Comment

Working...
          X