First start of the year :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First start of the year :D

Well, most people on here have seen my car in my sig. They've seen even more if they click the description of it since it's linked to my garage and I've got more pics there. With that said, it's been a rough time trying to get to mess with it due to unemployment... That and finding things that the PO didn't do quite right. Things like the small "subframe" in the rear that the suspension bolts to. He installed polyurethane bushings everywhere, but failed to tighten those bolts tight enough, causing them to loosen on me which made the once round holes become oblong... So, when the 91 gets parted out, I have dibs on that thing At any rate, Elkhart's finest roads (:rant have caused my once nice round rims to develop a nice vibration at any speed... Despite these hurdles I fired it up yesterday and took it for a spin out in the country. That thing can always put a smile on my face that my pickup can't touch. The engine in it is one of the earlier ones without the oiling top end update, so anyone that wants to know what an LQ1 without that oiling update sounds like when it starts and runs for 5 minutes can... Excuse the poor sound and picture, this was taken on my now 3-4 year old cell phone...

Here is a quick 0-80 run with a crappy launch. I was holding my phone against the steering wheel by the horn button, but sadly most of the time you can't even see the needles for the speedo and tach. Also the bumps and me correcting the car made the phone move around a bit and gave the illusion that my dash is wavy when it really isn't.

My car was also the first one on this video from the 2005 60v6 meet. It's also kind of funny because I was running with a bad cat at the time, lol.

Footage we shot from the 2005 60V6 Meet at some dragstrip in Indiana whose name I can't remember. Driving the Z34 is pocket-rocket, the black Grand Prix, me,...
    Last edited by pocket-rocket; 04-29-2010, 02:55 PM.
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

nice car man!
    Mike 60degree addict.
    Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
    sigpic
    65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

Thanks! Even though money is extremely tight, I have no plans on getting rid of it. It needs some touch ups at the moment. The Texas sun killed the paint on the roof and trunk lid :/ But that's minor. It's still a blast to drive.
      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

oy.... now you're reminding me the MC sure could use a good 10-15 minutes of running... hasn't been started since early november IIRC...
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Well, I'm glad I could be of some service to jog your memory I drove my car on plates that aren't even up to date at the moment... Not that I condone that.
          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

i did that last year... to test the OBD1 conversion.

but the main reason i will NOT do it now is the tires.... those things are dryrotted and leaking to hell and back. i'll move it back and forth in the yard to excercise the tranny(along with some light powerbraking just to keep it in shape ).
            1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
            Latest nAst1 files here!
            Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Yeah, my tires didn't move any faster than the car until I turned a corner and got on it before I was strait. Then I had the front end fish tailing
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

w00t!

I can't wait to get the 'Bird running again...
                Links:
                WOT-Tech.com
                FaceBook
                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                  I drove my car on plates that aren't even up to date at the moment... Not that I condone that.
                  i did something similar when i was weeding out the problem with mine except my plates were legal and insured but the inspection sticker was a couple years expired and a color that would stick out so i removed it from the windshield.
                  sigpic
                  99 Grand Am GT
                  3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
                  Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
                  1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
                  515 515 lift 112 lsa
                  15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Working...
                  X