Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Newbie

Hey there Hi there Ho there!

I got referred to this site from one of the fine folks over at cheersandgears.com.

I am the happy owner of a 2007 Malibu Maxx LT with the 3.5L V6 & 4T45 ATX. We got the car at the tail end of 2007 with only 13K miles on the odometer. Now, with 61K miles, it's still running great and the power from the VVT V6 still impresses me--as does the fuel economy.

My previous experience with 60-degree V6s was limited to my brother's '83 S10 Blazer with the 2.8L V6, a '91-ish Corsica with the 3.1L V6 formerly in our fleet at work, and an '08 Uplander minivan with the 3.9L V6, currently in our work fleet. My brother's S10 was a real dog, but the old Corsica and Uplander certainly had/have some zip.

I should add that I'm a boring old guy who has owned a lot of vehicles down through the years. My wife generally drives the Malibu while I tool around in an '04 Dodge Neon. Former GM vehicles I've had include 1952, '55 and '56 Chevies, along with a '76 Chevy K10 pickup. My other vehicles have all been either AMCs or Mopars. Oh yeah, and lots of farm tractors and trucks.

I look forward to lots of good discussions about an engine family that is gaining my respect with each passing day.
    Last edited by 07Maxx; 01-07-2011, 04:50 PM.

Welcome to the site! Glad to see there are sites out there that like to refer us. I honestly have never even heard of that site, might have to check it out.

I might be wrong, but I don't think you have the VVT engine, rather just the standard 3.5L, which is now the prime choice to swap into older vehicles. So yes, it does have great potential.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Welcome! Glad you found your way here!
      It's Mike from C&G.

Hope your enjoying the site!

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
        Welcome to the site! Glad to see there are sites out there that like to refer us. I honestly have never even heard of that site, might have to check it out.

I might be wrong, but I don't think you have the VVT engine, rather just the standard 3.5L, which is now the prime choice to swap into older vehicles. So yes, it does have great potential.
        I'm actually not sure--I've heard that the '07 Malibu had the VVT version of the 3.5L, and also that it had the standard version. I think the sales brochure says that it's the VVT version but I'm too lazy to go dig it out of the file in the basement.

I'm pretty sure it's got the newer, "big bore" version though (with 3.9" diameter holes).

Whichever version, it packs a pretty good wallop!

Comment

Yes, 04-06 is the LX9, and only 1 car had the non VVT in 07 that I am aware of. Shouldn't have the variable upper either way but if you pull the plastic cover off the top you can tell. The VVT upper has a V type cut on the power steering side and the non VVT is straight there. The non variable upper is the best for that motor as well, even though the variable upper 3900s made more power than the non variable.

Welcome
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
          X