No announcement yet.

Great White Whale (LONG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. Thanks. That was the info I was looking for... So it can run on 87 but it doesn't like it... but it does run at full power on 89.
    I'm kinda new to the site... I'll try to find those cam specs. Got a direct link handy?
    Current:
    \'87 Fiero GT: 12.86@106 - too dam many valves; ran 12.94 @ 112 on new engine, then broke a CV joint
    \'88 Fiero Formula: slow and attention getting; LZ8 followed by LLT power forthcoming
    \'88 BMW 325iX: The penultimate driving machine awaiting a heart transplant

Gone, mostly forgotten:
    \'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: slow but invisible

Comment

-Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Cool. Thanks.

What do you think would be the highest compression that would allow the engine to run at full power on 87 octane? Or just use the same compression but a later exhaust valve closing?
        Current:
        \'87 Fiero GT: 12.86@106 - too dam many valves; ran 12.94 @ 112 on new engine, then broke a CV joint
        \'88 Fiero Formula: slow and attention getting; LZ8 followed by LLT power forthcoming
        \'88 BMW 325iX: The penultimate driving machine awaiting a heart transplant

Gone, mostly forgotten:
        \'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: slow but invisible

Comment

Well basically If the engine is cool, like it has constantly been moving the car then yeah regular fuel can be used and detonation is rare. If I let tthe car idle for a long while or if I shut it off and come back after a while and its been sitting innthe sun, then yeah it will start to detonate. Basically if I'm on the highway I can use regular fuel. Like I said if you use a big enough cam you can have the high compression with out any issues other than a retune. For all around purposes for now. I can use midgrade. 3100mpfi can use regualr because his compression is just a hair low enough. Regular fuel doesn't give his engine any problems at all.
          Lorenzo
          '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
          '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

Working...
          X