No announcement yet.

My 92 Z34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, slowly but surely. Anyone in my line of work knows ANY progress made this time of year is good progress.

Anyone that knows me knows I do not grow much facial hair, but I could tell I need to shave by looking at my reflection in it. Dale isn't 100% satisfied with the buff job because we had my 8 shop lights above and he brought 2 big halogens on a stand. It was too cold to open the garage door for natural light (~33 degrees) so he plans on hitting it with more polishing in the spring once it can move outside. Thankfully he put the clear on fairly thick so it could be sanded, buffed and polished pretty good.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Files
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
      Anyone that knows me knows I do not grow much facial hair
      i know ALL about that problem.... i'm slowly starting to look older than 15 now.

you're certainly making progress. bodywork is a time vacuum like nothing else.
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

This project is now dedicated to my best friend, Joseph Otto (June 16th, 1979-March 17th 2013) who always looked up to me for what I could do with tools, be it a soldering iron or socket, and encouraged me while growing up.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

This project is now dedicated to my best friend, Joseph Otto (June 16th, 1979-March 17th 2013) who always looked up to me for what I could do with tools, be it a soldering iron or socket, and encouraged me while growing up.
          Sorry about your loss man, loosing a best friend has got to be tough.
          1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

anyone I met? You had my support on this build already, sorry to hear
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Thanks guys, it means a lot.

No, Ben, I don't think you ever met him. I grew up (if you could call it that) with him through middle school and high school. We did the typical teen thing. Smoke dope and go mail box smashing. He was like a brother to me, even though we didn't stay in close contact after high school. He was the one, however, that convinced me to buy my guitar.

Last edited by pocket-rocket; 03-22-2013, 09:23 PM.
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

With the loss of Joe I haven't had the desire to mess with the car until the last few days. That said I have the bumper removed again, misc. hardware removed from the engine bay, removed hard line mounts to let fuel and brake lines drop, undid some exhaust supports to let the downpipe drop a bit, got the front end/windshield/roof covered and finally started in on some more scuffing/cleaning. Then I laid down some etch primer on the bare and lower areas of the bay.

Today I went to Dale's house and picked up some supplies (541 cleaner, 2" and 1/2"tape, respirator filters, 400 DA paper, sanding sponges and some other odds and ends). Last night he told me that if I mess something up its no big deal. He knows how I get when I mess something up, lol. He said when it's done if I mess up the paint somewhere we can take it to his part time job and fix it. He also said he has another spare gallon of clear and wouldn't mind gettin it in the booth there one Saturday and lay down another layer. I don't really mind, that would mean I can buff that much more without worry of burning through.

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Haven't done jack with the car forever, lol, just primed the engine bay and make some sense in the direction I want to move with everything. Considering a 240sx rear end setup for driving the correct wheels after the 284 takes a puke, so I don't want to spend a fortune on things like BMR suspension components that won't get much use.

Some good news; Keystone sucks big fat hairy fish nuts, so I quit there about a month and a half ago. Working at Forest River making good money (bought a new Craftsman riding mower at week 3 there) now and we have one thing my old plant didn't have, orders out the keester.

I know this is a lame update, but working 4 days a week at my old job while recovering from a week off for Halloween, 2 for thanksgiving and 3 for Christmas stinks. We aren't doing anything for vacation this year so I'm going to try to get some things done on the car soon. Sitting in my saved for later on Amazon is an AEM wideband, Fox body 3 gauge pillar pod, and some second skin sound deadener. Now if only they had time and energy listed ...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
                  -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Small update.

My shipment of RAAMmat from raamaudio.com has shipped. I also got a package from rockauto with an upper and lower radiator hose, rack bellows and a new clutch master cylinder. I mainly bought it because the plastic bushing on mine had busted and so the pedal wasn't tripping the clutch switch for the ECM and cruise and I figured I could risk losing $11.10 on a wholesaler closeout to see if a new one came with it, and sure enough it did. It also came pre bled with a reservoir and the line with the quick connect where it plugs into the (lol)accumulator.

I had forgotten to buy some headliner material, but at this point its ok, redoing the sound deadener will take me a good chunk of time anyways. Now let's just hope I get some modivatuon while I'm off next week after I get u joints, ball joints, a window regulator and exhaust manifolds changed on the wife's truck, my garage is shrinking due to shipping boxes, lol.
                    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

You got a whole week off? I can probably make it up there sometime next week if you need a hand with anything.
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I'm not even sure if I'll do anything with the car while I'm off. Her truck has priority, then we might head to Mammoth Caves so my whole vacation isn't work and then there's a bunch of stuff I need to do around the house. Being physically burned out to the point where 5 hrs and energy drinks don't have much of an effect, I do need some R&R time while I'm off.
                        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Being physically burned out to the point where 5 hrs and energy drinks don't have much of an effect, I do need some R&R time while I'm off.
                          I know that feeling all to well. You might consider a visit to a dr. specializing in melancholy/stress.
                          Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988GTU View Post
                            I know that feeling all to well. You might consider a visit to a dr. specializing in melancholy/stress.
                            My insurance at work starts soon, so I'll have to look into that. Thanks
                            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Wow, does time fly...

I got so burned out busting my butt for 50+ hours a week at Forest River. Yeah, I made GOOD money there, but I never had energy to do anything when done. Its one of those places that if you aren't literally running you are falling behind...

Fast forward to now, I work at Newmar now (for the last 6 weeks) in chassis prep setting up dash harnesses (installing options like Sirius and DVD navigation harnesses, backup and side view camera harnesses and such. I like it. I think I've only had 1 week with over 37 hours. Granted I make $200 less, but it's not near as stressful in the mental or physical sense. The extra $200 would be nice, but I feel better, and money isn't everything.

I've been watching a fair amount of car guy shows on tv lately and getting the itch again (little late in the season, I know). The 92 is still in about 20,000 pieces, but now it's under a cover in the drive on movers dollies (lol) so I could work on a clutch change in an 2002 VW Passat for my cousin. Now that that's done the plan is some much needed cleaning and organization and then get the 91 in the garage finally for decon. I also decided to just pony up the extra $500 for Ben's GP that he bought from Josh and take the whole car.

Plans for that is drive it for a while since I have no passing power in my truck and I miss driving a gm v6.

Reason for the lack of power in the truck is I got tired of the HORRIBLE roads and potholes around here so I beating me and my truck to death so I bought some black Cragar soft 8's and had some 31x10's put on it. It looked good, it not right so I put a 4" suspension and 3" body lift on it (may as well go all out...).

So yeah, here I am again.

Tires before lift (2" spacers under front springs that messed up alignment, only, taken at 9pm at tire rack, last customer in the building thanks to that crazy snow storm that hit buffalo, ny)

Good thing I updated my brakes, cracks in rotors aren't made for cooling...

Clearance!!

Mine vs wife's stock suspension 98 Mountaineer AWD V8.

View from her drivers seat, lol.

It does ride much better, but it needs aligned now that I've changed out the tie rod ends and steering arms (forgot the names of them) and installed a steering damper because of some wandering around. I left the 3.73 and its not enough gear with that little engine. Anything short of 60mph is 4th gear, lol. I'm thinking 4.11, but not sure yet. May do an engine swap later too, mpg is nice but so is being able to go up hills without down shifting.

But yeah, I haven't forgotten about this forum, just been beat or busy but should be able to be an active member again for a while.

Ps, still missing my friend Joe, but you will have that. My wife got me a guitar for Christmas and I picked up Rocksmith for my PS4 and I've been working at that as well in my down time. I won't play in front of anyone, and I use my Ultrasone pro 550's when I play so I can crank it (and because they sound great...), but I do ok at it for the most part.

The narrator guy is tone deaf, btw.

Currently concentrating mainly on this song, in memory of Joe (not me playing, no where close to that good. I think I'm around 52-53%)
                              Last edited by pocket-rocket; 08-22-2015, 08:54 PM.
                              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Working...
                              X