my never-ending project....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my never-ending project....

This is what I have come up with so far after nearly 5 years owning my 89 Beretta GT

3400 from a 1999 Alero

Side-outlet exhaust (man the car is dirty in that pic)

a nice new set of Corbeau seats

... and a whole bunch of other stuff that i either don't have pics upload for, or most of which you can't see =)

Cliff Scott
    89 BerettaGT
    89 Volvo740
    Cliff Scott
    89 BerettaGT
    04 AleroGX

pretty sweet!

I like the exhaust.. I'd like to do that if I get a car with single exhaust.

Comment

Those seats kick ass. What model are they, cost? They very confortable say after sitting 4-6 hours in them straight?

Comment

Ya, ditto on the seats!!! Those are awesome!!! How did they bolt up? Any modification necessary? I could use something new in my interior...

Comment

PS: Were you at BFest this year?

Comment

Hrmm... Ok, I answer 3 questions in one post...

The seats are expensive, but I like them very much... They bolt right in... My only complaint is that they sit WAY too high compared to the original seats ( i was hoping they would sit lower!)

the seats are Corbeau VX2000 and they retail for $449/ea ?

here's some pics of how they install...

and yes, i was at bfest, but i didn't have the new seats at the time... but I did have that exhaust setup... (i don't think there's any way you didn't hear it)

Cliff Scott
            89 BerettaGT
            89 Volvo740
            Cliff Scott
            89 BerettaGT
            04 AleroGX

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Cliff. So the seats just bolted to your existing rails? Hmm... I forsee a new project. If you dont mind me asking, did you pay $450/each for them?

Ya, I thought I recalled seeing that exhaust setup at BFest... Its pretty cool. Maybe you remember seeing my black Lumina hanging around w/ you guys.

Comment

Ahh... You were one of the guys with the Z34s.. (the other one was Michael's, right? the one he managed to drive through the ditch LOL)...

Ya, there are custom brackets (with the sliders on them) that are made to bolt to the car, and then the seats bolt to the brackets...

I purchased mine from Northstar Motorsports http://www.northstarmotorsports.com which happened to be the local dealer for Corbeau (it was nice to be able to sit in display models and such)

the total cost was $1139.02 for the seats, the adapter brackets, and tax

Cliff Scott
                89 BerettaGT
                89 Volvo740
                Cliff Scott
                89 BerettaGT
                04 AleroGX

Comment

very sweet Cliff!

LOVE THE EXHAUST! thats wicked.

seats look killer as well.
                  Colin
                  92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
                  90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

$1139!!! Ouch... maybe I wont be getting them. Ya, my car was the black one and the silver one is Michael's.

Comment

I got my corbeau seats and mounting brackets for only 200 bux if i remember right in almost new condition, heh heh.
                      The difference between an individual terrorist and a government in some cases may be simply that the former has a bomb but doesn\'t have an air force.

Comment

How did you pull that off? I think I need new seats.

Comment

i'm just that damn good.
                          The difference between an individual terrorist and a government in some cases may be simply that the former has a bomb but doesn\'t have an air force.

Comment

Originally posted by RebelGT
                            i'm just that damn good.
                            Maybe you ought to be that damn nice and find me a set like those for a similar price.

Comment

ha ha, you just have to keep your eyes open and not be in a rush for anything, thats the secret to getting everything cheap. Theres always a deal lurking around somewhere, i mean, like the other day i saw an 8,000 mile ecotec with wiring harness, puter and all sell off ebay for under 300 bux!!

Comment

Working...
                              X