Just another Turbo Beretta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another Turbo Beretta

Thought I'd finally start a thread now that I have some downtime. Here's the history of my car. It's a 1995 Z26 Beretta. I bought it in 2008 from the owner Tennessee. I had it transported to me sight unseen.. Probably not the best idea, but oh well. The previous owner had already done a 90' Getrag 282 swap with matching sub frame and lower control arms. Also dropped in a 99' 3400, Eibach lowering springs, rear strut tower brace, TOG headers, FFP UDP, and a lot of wiring issues.. I DDed it until this May with just minor repairs here and there.

This May after the semester ended I decided to finally install some parts that I had laying around. My clutch was also starting to slip a bit (found that I toasted the Spec 2 clutch).

From May-August I installed these things. I had the engine out and apart in a night but ran into lots of other issues.. so it took a lot longer than expected.

Wot-Tech ported 3500 heads with comp springs.
    Wot-Tech ported LIM and UIM
    Wot-Tech custom cam/pushrods: 268/284 seat to seat, 214/230 @ .050, .528/.528 lift, 113 ICL 114 LSA.
    ARP head studs
    TCE 65mm TB
    TCE Phenolic spacers (2 sets of 1/2 inch)
    42.5lb injectors
    Walbro 255lph fuel pump
    Rebuilt Garret T3T04e .60 trim
    Tial Bov
    35mm external wastegate
    6 puck XTR clutch
    Stainless steel clutch line from master to slave cylinder
    Loner 666s headers with re-fabbed cross-over and down pipe
    Loner 666s big intercooler (not sure brand)
    OBD2 swap

It all went well. During the turbo installation I found that the throw out bearing slide was broken and it took me awhile to find a replacement. I also removed the FFP UDP and installed a stock one. It only has a base tune on it now. The cross-over and downpipe that Loner was using didn't work with the 90 getrag upper trans mount so I had to fab up a new crossover and downpipe.
    Attached Files
    You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
    ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
    95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

nice work , mor pics of the build?

Comment

Nice work
      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
      91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
      92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
      94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
      Originally posted by Jay Leno
      Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

are you using HP tuners ?

Yeah it's too bad the Z26 beretta never came with the 282 as an option. Much like the grand am's and stuff, never offered a 3100/3400 with a manual.
        11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
        10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

He also has Loner's old DHP unit.

Got Lope?
          3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
          Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
          Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
            He also has Loner's old DHP unit.
            And his engine bay wiring harness... and a lot of other stuff :P. Basically I transplanted his setup into my car. That's why I went with a manual instead of an auto: since he kept blowing his up..

I might go to a HP later on, but i'm just using a DHP for right now.

Comment

You do know he kept blowing his up because they were completely stock from the JY right.... He never once built one to properly handle the power.

Got Lope?
              3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
              Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
              Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
              12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Glad to see my stuff live on! I built that setup a long time ago (ForcedFirebird's headers )

The boost came on so early with those headers/turbo, that thing was fun.

Inter-cooler is a same-side from eBay, BTW.
                Links:
                WOT-Tech.com
                FaceBook
                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
                  You do know he kept blowing his up because they were completely stock from the JY right.... He never once built one to properly handle the power.
                  Yes I know.

Your stuff finally lives on FF. I was hoping it was a cooler Intercooler than just an ebay one :P. oh well. It's big. It's pretty awesome how fast it spools. It spools faster than my stock 1.4L turbo in my cruze :P.

Comment

Working...
                  X