Hey All!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey All!

Hello first off I'd like to introduce myself, Im 17 I live in Upstate New York and I'm now the lucky owner of this wonderfull barn find.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MrFrodizle; 03-10-2013, 07:09 PM.

Welcome. Check for major rust issues first under the car if that clears..then proceed. For that age and millage, you'll need to drop the fuel tank and replace the fuel pump and drain out that old bad gas. Get a fuel filter. Do a oil change and see how it runs and if the transmission gears work.
    Last edited by TurboGTU; 02-18-2013, 10:56 PM.
    88 Beretta GTU turbo . 90 Black ASC/McLaren TGP, awaiting 4t80. 2003 Grand AM se 3400/4t45 daily grind.

Comment

Welcome! Clean that baby up!
      14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

Got it home friday night an hit the car wash on my way home looks allot better after a bath..lol Got it home rolled it in the garage put it up on jack stands and inspected everything top to bottom. Other than being dirty it wasnt too bad, someone took good care of it at some point. Then I went ahead and ordered all the basicis coil pcks, plugs, wires, air filter, battery, oil/filter, fuel filter and grabbed some slightly used tires out my basement to put it on for the time being. Had a hard time trying to get it to start the battery was junk so i had a spare kicking around and after some trial and error it fired. Then ran for about 8 minuets the rad fans kicked on and it died. waited a few minuets and it started up again ran fine than quit just like before. So now im going to have to track this down.. I really hope its a simple fix.. but having the week off of school I should have some time between work to mess around with it. I'll have more pictures soon.

Comment

Welcome

I personally would skip the coil packs.

I would also get rid of the gray/red strip around the body above the ground effects and remove those moldings around the wheel wells. Mine looks much better that way. Click the link labeled follow the progress here in my sig to see pics.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
          91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
          92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
          94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
          Originally posted by Jay Leno
          Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Well haven't had a whole lot of time to get anything to done with the car, I took my February break as an advantage to pick up more hours at work after the couple hundred I've just spent on the car. SO I should pick back up Sunday morning stay tuned guys!

Comment

Working...
            X