Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the tranny made it 4000kms on the white Monte, 4 round trips to work. The second trip drive really started to fail, it would hold up to 3500 rpm then slip and would just slip into a like neutral state instead of down shifting. After that trip I pulled the guts out of the green parts car. Found a promising sticker.

Tranny_s.JPG

I then pulled my car apart last shift out and swapped the trannies. Also I had a good look at the motor out of the green car when I separated them. Eeeh

Oil pan_s.JPG

The pan was dented in four spots with tearing at two of them. On both sides of the pan at 1-2 and 5-6. The block doesn't look cracked. Wont know until I pull the pan later. I knew that that was a horrible noise when I was testing the tranny.

Here is a cradle for the back of the sub frame that I made to make the swap go a little faster. Just lower the frame and bolt it on then use it's wheels with a floor jack and roll the powertrain out from under the car.

Cradle_s.JPG

The newish tranny is nice. It works perfectly. Just need A/C and the car is golden.
    Baby: 2010 Power Wagon. Katzkins, mopar side steps and 35" Duratracs.
    Daily: 1995 Monte Z34 3.4/4T60e.
    Farm: 1978 2500 Jimmy Snow-plow & 1992 GMC SLE 4x4 ex cab short box 1/2 ton. RV cam straight pipe. Currently installing a 4L80e (have blown 4 700r4's and 1 4L60e)
    Project: Beretta GTZ 2.3 HO/282 (Better one), 1992 GTP 3.4/284? (needs 284) & 1992 Lumina Z34 3.4/284. (Don't want to mile out, needs body work)
    Other: TO MANY!

Comment

So most of the weight is on the jack with that cradle? I'm shocked that those little tires can take that kind of weight.

Snapped rods on that engine?
      95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
      High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
      Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

Originally posted by Yetilikesbeer View Post
        Just need A/C and the car is golden.
        Like a shower!
        Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Purple pit
          So most of the weight is on the jack with that cradle? I'm shocked that those little tires can take that kind of weight.

Snapped rods on that engine?
          About 60-65% is on the rear wheels, LOL. There is 60 psi in them (what there rated for). They are actually fairly strong for cheap wheels, "Yard Works". I put a piece of 1" sch 40 pipe between the tow rope slots for the jack the first time I used it and it had a mean bow in it supporting the weight. Now I put the jack under the front section of the cradle directly. Works pretty good considering I built it in 2 hrs. I used the tractor to lift the green car off of the motor and damaged the rad support, figured this would be a good solution to keep my good car from getting damaged.

Once I get metric bolts long enough to bolt it to my engine stand I will take a pic of the mess. That's the first time I've had multiple breaks.

I dumped one and half cans into the A/C system before I re-checked. SOB. I must have smacked the clutch during the swap the coil is dead. No A/C and it's hot.
          Baby: 2010 Power Wagon. Katzkins, mopar side steps and 35" Duratracs.
          Daily: 1995 Monte Z34 3.4/4T60e.
          Farm: 1978 2500 Jimmy Snow-plow & 1992 GMC SLE 4x4 ex cab short box 1/2 ton. RV cam straight pipe. Currently installing a 4L80e (have blown 4 700r4's and 1 4L60e)
          Project: Beretta GTZ 2.3 HO/282 (Better one), 1992 GTP 3.4/284? (needs 284) & 1992 Lumina Z34 3.4/284. (Don't want to mile out, needs body work)
          Other: TO MANY!

Comment

Working...
          X