Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the 60v6 world

Howdy y'all. Long time no post.

For those of you that don't remember me... I've been around this site since it started, I had a '93 Sunbird with the 3.1 and 5spd. That car got sold in 2007, so I was 60v6-less. Today I just got a new 60v6 of sorts...

2013 Camaro 1LS, 3.6L LFX (323hp), 6spd manual. Ashen gray metallic with silver rally stripes.

After 6+ years of driving a SOHC Saturn, this thing is a beast.
    60v6's original Jon M.

Woah, we don't allow 3.6 owners around here:P j/k, welcome back Not much for info on your motor though so...feel free to tear it apart and tell us all about it! hahahaha
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I think that'll have to wait at least til the powertrain warranty is up... so give me a few years.
      60v6's original Jon M.

Comment

Nice!
        Links:
        WOT-Tech.com
        FaceBook
        Instagram

Comment

Awesome!
          Past Builds;
          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
          Current Project;
          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Nice ride, Jon

You know, Corky Bell made a good point about warranties when planning on mods. It was something along the lines of wasting time for the warranty to be up because that was wear on the engine that you could have been having more fun. But I agree with you, that would suck to blow it up and not have a warranty.
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
              Nice ride, Jon
              It WAS nice, til some dingleberry in a minivan ran a red light and peeled the front bumper off. (looks like about $4500 in damage) Then his insurance company was dragging their ass in dealing with it. It's finally in the shop and parts ordered, but it'll probably be another week and a half til I get it back. I had it 3 weeks, then this shit.
              60v6's original Jon M.

Comment

Perfect time to start on motor mods then.

Brad
                via Moto X
                -Brad-
                89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                sigpic
                Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by RidgeRunner View Post
                  It WAS nice, til some dingleberry in a minivan ran a red light
                  Important soccer game???

Gotta have some sense of humor in a situation like this... especially since it sounds like it is finally getting taken care of.

Got Lope?
                  3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                  Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                  Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                  12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

As if that wasn't bad enough, my truck blew a head gasket in a grand and dramatic fashion last weekend. So I'm back to just the Saturn. Hopefully I'll get the Camaro back tomorrow, or early next week at the latest.
                    60v6's original Jon M.

Comment

Isn't your truck a Toyota? Wow, even Top Gear couldn't kill one of those, though theirs was the diesel version.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
                      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

No, my truck's a Nissan... Head gaskets, fuel filters, and 5th gear is notoriously weak. Everything else is pretty tough tho.

I just called the body shop, it'll be about another week. BLAH!
                        60v6's original Jon M.

Comment

I thought about it after posting it was a Nissan. Everything has its weak links. For my Ranger it's shackles/hangers, cab mounts and bushings. Found Dorman replacements for the shackles and hangers, someone who makes heavy universal cab mounts and poly cab bushings, so structurally mine is probably the most solid in the area.

I wish you lived closer, I would help you bust out the head gasket :/

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
                          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Oh yeah, rust is probably the main killer of those old 720s. Mine's bad around the front cab mounts, bottom-rear of the front fenders, and all over the bed. I just got a bigger air compressor, so I plan to get a sandblaster soon... will attack some of the rust. Some may be easier with panel replacements tho. Most of the panels aren't available, so critical stuff like the cab mount area will just have to be fabbed up.

While mine was always a southern truck, it did get used as a beach truck occasionally. Saltwatery sand getting into crevices isn't too good for it.
                            60v6's original Jon M.

Comment

This Camaro is cursed.

It got hit again... some dumbass turned left from the not-left lane, and ran right into the side of it. Then on the way home, a tire picked up a chunk of a box cutter blade, ruining the tire ($200... ouch). It seems Atlanta is rough on cars.

It's in the body shop getting fixed, so I'll get it back. But do I just say fuckit and keep driving it, expecting more crap to happen or do I trade it for a shitbox to shuffle back and forth to work in, and get some other project for a weekend car?
                              60v6's original Jon M.

Comment

Working...
                              X