Pennsylvania Lumina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pennsylvania Lumina

Hello new here. I live in warren Pennsylvania, I have a 98 chevy lumina i bought for 400 dollars in Nashville tn with a locked up engine. i love this car i recently bought a totaled 95 lumi with a 3.4 dohc. it only has 106000 miles. Im going to regasket the engine new timing belt while it is apart do the 13 degree timing mod. also thinking a shift kit kit and a 3000 rpm stall converter. any thoughts?lumi.jpglumi 3.jpglumi3a.jpg

Welcome

With the auto you may want to go with the 6&6 timing. The 13* is better suited for manual cars and you won't be able to use some of the better powerband up top due to the shift points in the auto. The lopey idle of the 13* may also make the car feel funny while stopped in gear. The 6&6 idle is smoother than stock and you gain low end torque, something the DOHC isn't known for.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

i love how easily the powerband is played with on a LQ1.... if only it were VVT and could be done on the fly.
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

cool

im excited to get it in I have 2 motors im just putting an engine in it and I want to build one. stock bottom end or forged 3400 bottom end and maybe supercharge it with an m112 with a custom upper intake. behind that either a 4t65hd or a 5 speed rest of the car is getting lowered big sway bars poly bushings I also want to make caster camber plates

Comment

Originally posted by timingdoyle View Post
          im excited to get it in I have 2 motors im just putting an engine in it and I want to build one. stock bottom end or forged 3400 bottom end and maybe supercharge it with an m112 with a custom upper intake. behind that either a 4t65hd or a 5 speed rest of the car is getting lowered big sway bars poly bushings I also want to make caster camber plates
          the 3400 bottom end used a cast crank, some 3500's got a forged crank, but you'll have to do a trigger wheel swap to use it. the rod journals are also bigger, you can use eagle rods for a 3800, but they're a little bit narrower then stock. you'll need fancy pistons though.

Free Shipping - Eagle H-Beam Connecting Rods with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Connecting Rods at Summit Racing.

it'll be tough to use the M112, not impossible, but tough, not much room between the heads for fun stuff like that. turbo would be way easier IMO.
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

I just figured I would have a taller intake built and use a hood scoop or just let it hang out in the wind

Comment

Or make brackets to have it mount like the RSM n body kit.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk now Free
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
              Originally posted by Jay Leno
              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
              X