New Member With Questions.... Turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member With Questions.... Turbo?

Hey guys glad to be a new member of the 60v6 forum.

I have a 92 s10 that i built from the ground up with my dad. Its running the 2.8L with a 5 speed manual. I want more get up and go on er so I've been looking into putting a turbo on it. I've asked other people about it and they have said that the first thing i would have to look into is MPFI before i would be able to add a turbo. I was hoping i could pick your brains about the topic. any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Swapping to MPFI shouldn't be too bad. Probably will have to re-pin your harness for a different ECM and install a MPFI-capable fuel pump.
    '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
    '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Does that 2.8L engine even have the hole in the block for the crank trigger ?? It might... I'll go check my 88 Jimmy one of these days.
      11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
      10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Mars View Post
        Does that 2.8L engine even have the hole in the block for the crank trigger ?? It might... I'll go check my 88 Jimmy one of these days.

Should not have the hole, BUT just converting iron heads to MPFI is simple, the distributor can still be used. Don't think he was looking to upgrade to aluminum.
        Links:
        WOT-Tech.com
        FaceBook
        Instagram

Comment

I would like to keep the iron heads rather then having to upgrade to aluminum heads

Comment

Working...
          X