my 86 z24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 86 z24

this is after i cleaned it up after i rescued it from under a pine tree. it started out as a $300 car. the pic looks way better than it realy was

this is after i lowered it 2" and added an 86 sunbird gt wing.

i found a rare 87 z24 front valance and threw it on (made the front end 3 1/2" off the ground), then got the car ready for the body shop. i put doors from an 88 z24 on (converted car from manual windows/locks to power), put on my 87 z24 cowl hood, and skirts that had the z24 emblem shaved off.

and this is after paint and new wheels. the color is called emeral charcoal (has a lot of flake in the sun) and the skirts and bumpers are semi gloss black. the wheels are motegi dp6 17x7" with yokohama h4s tires in 205/40/r17.

and the only thing that realy matters is the engine. a gen 1 ironhead 2.8. this picture is the stock engine bay, but i now have a cold air intake, msd coil, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

i dont have any iterior pics, but i have done a quad bucket conversion (bucket rear seats), an apc racing seat on the drivers side, a dual gauge pillar with an air/fuel and oil pressure gauges, an autometer autogauge tach. i also have a fair bit of thump. i have an alpine 9805 deck, 2 rockford he 12" subs run off a rockford 301m mono amp. filling it in is a pair of jl 6x9 in the rear, and 5 1/4 rockford components in the doors running off a rockford 301x 4 channel amp, and a pair of jl 3 1/2 in the dash run of the deck.

future plans are a 3.1 ironhead motor buildup utilizing a lumina apv van motor. air will be drawn through a fiero intake and exiting through custom headers. i also plan to bottle feed the new motor to the tune of an 85hp shot.

i hope to get some more pics of the interior and sterio

ok some more pics guys

my holley adjustable fuel pressure regulator

and my fuel pressure gauge

my gauge pillar that i moulded to the a-pillar

my thump

racing seat

Comment

looks good man, dont see many 1st gen Jbodys. very cool.
      Colin
      92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
      90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

Nice looking car there. Why are you going to go with an iron head 3.1? Just because you have one sitting around? If not, an HO 2.8 would be a better choice than an iron head 3.1, IMO
        92 Lumina 3.1 4T60
        KYB shocks+struts
        GM front STB

Comment

Damn... I love the way that thing looks! What was the last year for that body style Z24?

1992 Lumina Z34 | 3.4L 207ci DOHC 60º V6; Getrag 284 |
          1994 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP | 3.4L 207ci DOHC 60º V6; Hydra-Matic 4T60E |

Comment

the last year for that body style was 87. 87 was the only year they had the dual cowl hood (for that generation) and front valance. it took me a lot of hunting for the valance and hood, and i stumbled across the wing one day on an 86 sunbird gt. the motor was only used in 85 1/2 and 86 z24 for the j body line.

i was planning the ironhead 3.1l just as a base to bring the powerband down on what im trying to build. due to lack of aftermarket stuff for it (namly pistons, unless i want custom made) i chose to stick with a 2.8l. im ahving issues finding a ho 2.8l, but im planning on breaking the bank with this motor, so ill get the performance i want out of whatever i start with.

Comment

Car actually looks pretty good . I wish the pic was more clear though. I like whazt you have done with the exterior. As for the interior, a bit ricey for my tastes, but I like the quad buckets. *dreams*

Comment

i do agree a bit about my itnterior, but i have it justified. the gauges are for function (my stock oil pressure gauge screws up a lot, the air/fuel is good to have for refference. the tach is cause my stock tach doesnt work, and i found it tough to learn to drive stick without it. it does have a shift light and helps a lot at the track). i bought the racing seat because ive gone through 3 stock seats, cant find anything good for a decent price, and i got it dirt cheap. i do drive a lot, and like a good sound, so i had to have a decent sterio.

i did pick up my motor tonight, a 2.8l ho from a fiero. im going to get the block to the machine shop and have it magged and line borred, get the crank polished, and figure out what pistons im getting. once i have that figured out, ill be getting it bored, and the block decked, hoping to end up with around 10.0:1 compression.

Comment

Working...
                X