X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Later. Unfortunately. Haven't even started gathering parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You probably have it a bit easier than Fiero guys. No custom shifter cables/bracket necessary.
      '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
      '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Someone was telling me I will have to make custom rear trans bracket. But I read somewhere else about using a different subframe and not having to fab anything

Comment

If the axle donor car is the same chassis, I imagine the whole sub-frame would bolt in with the proper trans mounts. Don't quote me on that though
          '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

ITS ALIVE!!!!!

On the first 3 hits it would start and sputter out in a few seconds. On the 4th hit it started and purred like a kitten.

I am searching to see if there is a procedure for purging the air from the cooling system or if I just let it take care if itself. I know my BMW was bi-polar if coolant system wasn't purged of all air. Not sure if these 3100's are the same

Comment

There should be a coolant bleeder close to the water pump where one of the heater core lines comes from.
              '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Sweet. I'll check it out when I get home. Hopefully have tag and insurance straightened out and be driving it Monday.

Comment

I think I am still not getting coolant bled right. Or the t-stat is bad. The car idles a little hot but comes down to the middle mark while driving. But it will not make heat. Is it possible to have heater core hoses backwards, and if so would it matter?

On another note. My 2yr old son was playing in the garage and I had left pretty much everything that wasn't dangerous, laying on the floor after finishing motor swap last week. I noticed several sockets and small wrenches missing. Then I was looking at the old motor and realized that he had stuck nuts bolts and anything that would fit, into the LIM if the old engine. So I tore it down and retrieved everything I couldn't find.

I am glad I put a different motor in. This one had 160k and was gunky and had so much carbon deposit everywhere. But this blew my mind!!!!
                  I am going to finish tearing this down and rebuild it. Hoping to get WOTTech everything. Cam, head work, valve train, LIM&UIM(bored for the bigger TB, TB adapter basically everything. Will probably take me a year or so to get it fully built. Get it in and tuned. Then another year or so to build turbo kit.

Those are long term goals anyway

Comment

Working...
                  X