No announcement yet.

Building Tyler Thomas's 199X SC'd Beretta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the different trans options, it was tough to make them fit "universally". We even had one set come back for correction because of an odd ball setup.
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

Comment

I know even with the S&S versions if I mod them to fit the beretta they will not clear the 3t40 properly and need to be further modified for that.
      Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 04-24-2014, 12:52 PM.

Got Lope?
      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

I have a few more pics but no videos yet... I've been trying to get it running to see what other issues there are and being a one man show holding a camera to video a run period where I'm trying to troubleshoot something or get a code to come up is the last thing on my mind.

To sum up the running issues I had, The MAP sensor extension that was plugged in improperly.

His first mixup...

Fixed that and it fired up... BUT it was still not running right... I had swapped in one of my old ICM's and coils and with that setup it seemed to be misfiring because it just didn't sound right... SO I pulled that setup off and put his stuff back on, also thinking that may be in correlation with the crank sensor code. It ran much smoother with that swapped, BUT I was then was greeted with the 0339 crank sensor error again... Checked over all the 7x wiring and swapped that sensor back and forth just to be certain that wasn't causing it... Check the harmonic balancer tone ring and that looked fine, pulled the timing cover sensor and ohm'd it in comparison to an old stock one... Didn't Ohm the same so I picked up a new one, Compared that with the one pulled and they were identical so I didn't swap it. Went to put my old GM one in there and that's when I found it........

Tyler made an extension wire for his harness to get to the sensor plug....... Great in theory... BUT DON'T CRIMP WIRES!!!!!!!!

Fixed the right way

After I got that sorted it started way better, but still found a coolant leak that I needed to fix... When he got this intake that cross pipe was removed, It's a pressed in pipe and when I went to install it, it slipped right in... so I used silicone hoping that would seal it... no dice. SO per request Tyler said just JB-Weld it in place. Did that yesterday and let it dry all day. Also filled the aftercooler setup talk about a PAIN IN THE ARSE to get the bubbles out of that thing.

Oh and Tyler's response to all my TXT's about his wiring problems... "this is why your doing it and not me!" LOL

Also to add to that we needed to re-design his PCV setup. He had both valve cover ports going to a catch can and then to the plenum so it was pulling a VAC on the crankcase... Now this is not a bad thing if the motor is built for it but the gaskets used were not installed with the intentions to work like that... Second issue is the rear valve cover port is NOT baffled like the front one is to prevent oil consumption... this is his catch can after a short period of running...

SO now we are going to run the rear valve cover line to the intake in front of the SC but behind the MAF as well as the front line will go directly to the catch can and into the intake... this will give the PCV system a source of air to pull through the crankcase that will be metered as well as filtered.

New fitting welded into the pipe

And how the engine sits now, waiting for some line to come in to finish that, Once this is done I should be able to get a running video of the car.

Got Lope?
        12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

It's alive!!! Time for Alignment and tuning to start.

Got Lope?

Comment

That thing is gonna beast it up on the track. Definitely a very nice build with high quality performance parts and builder. I can't wait to see dyno numbers and 1320 times!

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10

Comment

oooooo awesome!!
              14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

sounds awesome, can't wait to see numbers!
                "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Another Video just different day... and better camera.

Got Lope?

Comment

That's a sick buildup. I didn't even know they had all those parts for that engine not to mention the custom work yah did. That automatic transmission though that looked like a doozie of a job. I stick to rebuilding manuals before tackling that minotaurs maze.

Comment

Working...
                    X