Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy from Chicago

Hi guys,

I just signed up to find out a little more about the 2.8L V6, as I have a project car that came with one.

The car is a modified 1955 Austin Healey 100-4. It's kinda a "street rod" build, with a custom chassis, later model rear end, disk brakes, T-10 4-speed, and a rebuilt 2.8l v6. We've envisioned it as a driver, with performance slightly higher than the Healey factory racers, yet very driveable being a light weight car with a modern drivetrain.

Originally, the 100-4 came with a GM-based inline 4-cyl producing about 90hp, with a higher-performance version making about 110hp, and the factory racer with 135hp. So I think we're pretty close in hp with the rebuilt 2.8l already in it. If I end up with more hp, it won't be the worst thing that's ever happened.

I'll start a thread with my specific questions about this motor, and I thank all of you in advance for any assistance and tips you can pass on!

Looks clean and I request engine bay shots if ya could.
    Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghosteh View Post
      If I end up with more hp, it won't be the worst thing that's ever happened.
      Lol, so true! Welcome to the forums! That's a cool little car, it reminds me of the old vintage racers you see in the early days of high speed racing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
      91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
      92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
      94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
      Originally posted by Jay Leno
      Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
      X