92 z-34 5spd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 z-34 5spd

This is my 1992 Lumina. It has a two-tone paint job, 1994 suspension parts, custom exhaust and a Monte Carlo rear folding seat covered with the factory material.

I love this car and have put thousands into replacing the majority of the brake system including calipers, intake manifold gaskets, and several other parts. Recently, the throwout bearing went bad so I replaced the bearing, the clutch and pressure plate. I used the Clutchnet Stage 2 clutch, which is only supposed to be about 15% more than stock. However, the car has been at the dealer trying to get the clutch right for a while.

I replaced the mirrors and the door moldings. I also paid for an aftermarket powertrain warranty for the engine and transmission, so I am covered for a couple more years. However, delamination is the issue I am facing now and I can't afford the paint job. I also do not have a place I can really work on the car like I want to. Therefore, I have been thinking about selling it.

100_0129.JPG

3Ef3G13J85E55Ma5J7d574c5c4a5d8d651034.jpg

lumina exhaust_license covered.jpg

Tom
    Last edited by NCChevyMan; 09-28-2014, 12:44 AM.

Nice Z! Hope you stick with it and keep up the good fight. Those are getting to be rare, let alone in that state of condition.

Duty station at Ft Bragg?
    Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Sure is clean! There use to be a great many in my area. Now I see one in rough shape once a year.
      95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
      High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
      Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

Very nice Z! Don't see them in this condition often. Hopefully you can resolve said issues and keep this beautiful piece.
        14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

Working...
        X