Thank you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you!

I want to express my sincere gratitude to the members of this community, while there is still much to be done on my wifes first car, a 91 pontiac sunbird 3.1, I'm happy to say I finally got it all back together and it's running nicely, without the nasty gushing oil leak from the old o ring on the oil pump distributor. I have not touched an engine in earnest for 30 years but I decided to take on this project myself because how much can you justify spending on labor for a 91 pontiac? I had already paid for new shocks struts, fuel pump and more, and I was told by my mechanic that it 'just isn't worth fixing this problem, it's time to get a new car...'. Thanks to the generous sharing of information and time from the members of this community I was able to navigate my way through, learn an awful lot about my car, and have a ton of fun doing it! Again I could not have done it without all of your help and I am grateful for it. Thank you!

Happy to help in a small way on this. That is really good news that it is alive and well!
    95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
    High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
    Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

Thanks, it's running great. I think my wife is in disbelief that I actually fixed the car! Lol

Comment

It's hard to believe someone would tell you to scrap a car over an o-ring that costs a couple bucks
        '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
        '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

It was $0.98 !!!

Comment

lol niice!
            Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X