My 1990 Indy Beretta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1990 Indy Beretta

Not sure why I didn't post this over here since it is a 60degree and I'm obtaining some nice parts from here for it's future build... But here is some info on my other Beretta... I call it my Wife's beretta so I don't get in trouble for having two

We picked this up back in Aug of 2012...

Found it on craigslist in Coram NY and I tried contacting the owner, I did not get a reply so Amy tried and she got a response because she sounded like she was truly interested in the car... I guess I worded something wrong lol...

Car all loaded up on the trailer... We drove down with the trailer expecting to just buy it after negotiation because the pics of the condition were that good.

Car had been painted at one time, that was the only downfall... The trunk and hood were done very poorly so I knew I had to get those re-done... The right side GFX was also hit at one point and flexed and cracked off the paint so that had to be re-done/replaced. The big "Problem" with the car was a bad injector that was preventing it from running properly.

Home off the trailer...

Scuffs

Poor wheels

Reproduction die cut decals already on the car

Very good condition interior... Dash bubbled and cracked though.

Missing Lower panels as well

Surprises in the glove box

Rust free rockers, just lots of mildew...

First wash

Making Decals...

Koni's for the front

Already had rears because the first set of Saabs I bought for the 96 were too long for it and are direct bolt in for the 90.

ORIGINAL AC delco plugs... Another reason why it ran like crap, in conjunction with the original wires.

Bfest Prep, still need to get hood painted and full suspension upgraded but back to running properly... New wires new plugs, new crank sensor, new oil pan gasket new valve cover gaskets new EGR.

KONI fun

Weld in bushings

KONI installed

Suspension TCC and trans filter/fluid all changed, waiting for parts back from paint

Applying new decals

waiting for drivers door decal and spoiler... Other parts on

Engine bay

Rolling through the mountains...

The two when we went to TN last year

I will post other photos as other stuff is done to it.

I plan on pulling the engine eventually doing a full freshen and maybe slipping in a new Crane H-272-2 cam in there, a set of 1.6 roller rockers, as well as making a set of my TOG headers fit it...
    Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 02-13-2015, 09:41 AM.

Got Lope?
    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

A few goodies I've obtained from here for it....

The Turbo and downpipe that was attached to the manifolds above.

Should be showing up early next week... and probably not make it on the car till next year

Got Lope?
    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Very nice, Jon.
      Always like the old Indys.
      Matt
      2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS sedan
      3400/3500 hybrid, Diamond Racing forged pistons, Scat I-beams, TCE DRTC, ported heads, WOT Race cam, PAC 1518s, Manley valves, F40 6-speed with Quaife LSD

Comment

I like it. I had a 1995 Z26 for a short time. It was a nice car.

I just noticed we are practically neighbors. Hopefully I can see this thing on the road sometime.

Comment

It will be on the road come spring, no questions about that... But the turbo kit won't be on it yet. That will have to wait till next year with all the stuff going on with my 96.

Were are you located btw?

Got Lope?

Comment

Enfield. I'm in the process of getting my Z24 back on the road, and I have a TGP that I'll probably unload in the spring.

Comment

Enfield is close but you probably wont spy my car out that way... LOL Not too often am I out that way. With work I only go north to Pomfret so I tend to stay on the border side of the state unless I go out on some good rides, OR hit up some car shows out that way.

Got Lope?

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
                Enfield is close but you probably wont spy my car out that way... LOL Not too often am I out that way. With work I only go north to Pomfret so I tend to stay on the border side of the state unless I go out on some good rides, OR hit up some car shows out that way.
                I travel all over the state, including my in-law's place in Sterling. I usually head over to Mark's Cruise Night a few times a year.

Comment

Sterling.... Now that's my neighbor... LOL literally.

Got Lope?

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
                    Sterling.... Now that's my neighbor... LOL literally.
                    Yes it is. I lived there for a short time before we got this house I'm in now. Like I said . my mother in law lives there, so I avoid it like the plague. Next time my wife wants to visit, I'll have her drop me off there and we can tinker with the cars. . .LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X