Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Louisiana

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the Chevy world (previously had a 88 Toyota pickup) and am enjoying having double the horsepower of that old Toyota. I recently bought a 2015 Chevy Malibu, but the wife is driving that one so she can show it off to her clients. I'm driving her 2007 Chevy Malibu with the LZ4 3.5 V6. I've already learned a lot from this site and hope to contribute to the knowledge base here.

Jarrett
    2007 Chevy Malibu LT 3.5L V6 LZ4 - stock
    2015 Chevy Malibu LS 2.5L L4 LKW - stock

Hello, welcome to the site.
    95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
    High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
    Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

Welcome. I bought a 2014 Malibu last year. Nice cars. Any plans for anything?
      sigpic
      1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
      3400/Getrag 284 5spd
      1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
      350/NV3500 5spd
      2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

Welcome!
        14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

Thanks y'all. The 2015 is really nice, very good fuel economy. And the 2007 has a knock that I suspect is a spun rod bearing. I'll be checking it out after I clean out my shop. My in-laws have a 2007 Chevy 1500 that I can drive while I work on the Malibu so I'm not in too big of a rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Could be piston slap.
            95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
            High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
            Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

I'm hoping that it is piston slap, but it is quieter when it has load on it, and gets louder when returning to idle. From what I've read, this means bad rod bearing most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't been able to work on the car yet, but I did notice that it has a pretty bad oil leak.
                Our land lords gave me the go-ahead to clean out their shop. It had a lot of junk in it, along with dirt, wasps, hornets, and ant piles in all 4 corners. The junk was either re-organized, thrown away, or moved to the other storage building on the property. I also vacuumed/blew out all of the dirt and ant piles, couldn't pressure wash because of the pool table. Anyway, here's some pics of my new work-shop.

Comment

Working...
                X