No announcement yet.

1970 2.8 Toyota Corolla from Saskatchewan Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took 6 weeks off welding to do 4 weeks of custom seeding for my friends farm, and 2 weeks after to finish renovating our old house so we can list it for sale....waiting for my wife to go into labor lol...due date is this Friday..So she is staying with my sister in the city as we live on a farm 2 hours from there lol. Weaning pigs, hauling feed for them....doing a heart transplant in a 85 gmc dually, has box and hoist, new carb, new tranny, complete front end rebuild, new fuel tank, and six new tires, paid $600 for it, going to make into jack of all trades truck...onboard air, welder skid, yet still able to haul 2 tons of feed for my pigguns.

Comment

Life on the farm. Boy am I lazy, feel a little bad about that now.
      95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
      High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
      Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

Picked up my engine and tranny last night! Just about ready to pull the engine, just have to cut the exhaust and torch the trans cross member bolts! Any suggestions for a 2 barrel carb size just to get it running for now?

Comment

S-10 carb?

Comment

That would be the obvious choice....but I am hours from the nearest salvage yard....what CFM would be a starting point? I have access to quite a few 2 barrel carbs
            Last edited by 60*Corolla; 06-01-2015, 09:25 PM.

Comment

My 4 yr old daughter and I just removed the egr and smog pump off the 2.8 lol she is a hoot

Comment

About 200-250cfm. The rule is 2cfm per cubic inch with heavy mods. Getting her started on emissions hating early?
                Last edited by Purple pit; 06-02-2015, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Yup! lol I told her that we were taking the EGR off and she said, "what's an EGR" and I said, "Garbage!" She laughed lol.

Here is the "No-Motor-Olla"
                  IMG_0155.JPG

Comment

LOL.
                    Looks like that thing has a nice frame. A bit more stout than I thought it would be.

Comment

Working...
                    X