Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from the UK!

Hey guys and gals,

Newbie here with an '85 Firebird V6 2.8 and am abut to embark on rebuilding the motor so I figured this was the place to be

I'm looking forward to getting to know people and sharing any knowledge I have. Also I run a forum for 3rd gen owners so if you have one, head on over and take a look.

www.early3rdgen.com

Thanks for having me!

Rich
    Last edited by 3rdgen8284; 11-09-2015, 04:38 PM. Reason: Forgo to sign it! Doh!
    www.early3rdgen.com
    www.knight.industries

1984 Firebird S/E with 2.8 V6 MPFI motor, drivetrain and loom from a 1985.
    Mods include custom cold air K&N system, Pacesetter 70-1206 Headers, de-cat, stock V8 exhaust.
    Smog delete, EGR delete.

Welcome. There is a ton of info here on the 2.8L, most will say use a 3.4 from a newer F-body. Had an 83 Camaro at one time. It was Crap Fire(crossfire) though.
    95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
    High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
    Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

Hi, thanks! I'm still trying to work out whether its safe to remove the smog setup and things like that! It's a bit difficult with me being in the UK and not many people over here really have a clue about the motor.
      www.early3rdgen.com
      www.knight.industries

1984 Firebird S/E with 2.8 V6 MPFI motor, drivetrain and loom from a 1985.
      Mods include custom cold air K&N system, Pacesetter 70-1206 Headers, de-cat, stock V8 exhaust.
      Smog delete, EGR delete.

Comment

I'm sure it's like a whole different world. Got no clue on the laws over there. Here they like you to have the same year or newer engine(they like the idea of a newer engine better). Just ask anything and you should get more replies.
        95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
        High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
        Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

Working...
        X