Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little further on the engine swap
    Had to paint the valve covers and intake v6 story 9.2.JPG
    Put a fuel pump in a new tank. Still need to run new lines, and power. v6 story 7.JPG
    Got from Speedway a new radiator. Started the mounting process. v6 story 10.JPG
    It is coming. What I need more than anything is patience. v6 story 12.JPG
    Check out fun build on YouTube at title "Nash Metropolitan Custom".

Comment

Still watching, still a fan.
      95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
      High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
      Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

Cool project! I ran into a Metro guy a few months ago... he had one rodded out and one stocker... cool little cars!
        sigpic

"When you don't do anything, you have plenty of time to post questions that don't mean anything tomorrow."
        - Ben

Comment

Car shows are here, and this cutie has been sitting in the garage too long! So I used the come-a-long and loaded her up on the car hauler and took her to a local show. It was good go dust her off, and clean up the garage from 4 months of work.
          Just a couple of weeks away from starting her up. The wiring is just about done, the radiator is mounted. I need to mount the gas tank and run the fuel lines, get some spark plug wires, and run exhaust. I have not narrowed the rear axle yet, although it is out and all the mounting brackets cleaned off. The old rear axle is still in place.
          It was good just to get her some fresh air.
          More to come.
          Much more.
          cutie 1.JPG cutie 2.JPG cutie 3.JPG

Comment

Almost too clean. So how are you going to get air to the throttle body?

Comment

Yeahhhh, that is a bit of problem. I guess I may have to cut into the upper radiator shroud at least 1", move the radiator forward and use a 3" tight 90*rubber elbow. There is only 2" of room now. radiator sm.JPG
              Attached Files
              Last edited by 3.4NashMet; 06-27-2016, 07:42 PM.

Comment

That is going to take some major work. Not even enough room to do the F-Body over the radiator style. Almost would be better off with a thinner radiator that has the cap on the side or no cap at all(Beretta, with cap on the recovery tank).

Did some looking around and found a nice elbow for a Fiat with a Vortech supercharger, but it was 3.5 inch.
                Last edited by Purple pit; 06-28-2016, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Oh not too much work. I now have over 3" for the 90* elbow and room between the water pump pulley and the radiator for the electric fan.
                  radiator sm moved.JPG
                  Out of curiosity, I weighed each wheel and found out some very encouraging news.
                  The whole car weighs 2200#, just 150# over the original configuration, and 1200# less than the Firebird this drivetrain came out of. The weight distribution front to back is 55% / 45%.
                  scale sm.JPG
                  I have the ignition wires on and painted the SFI logo. Now to run the fuel tank and lines.
                  3.4 in bay 2.JPG 100_1299.JPG
                  By all estimates, I think I may like the final product. Super sleeper. Good conversation starter. Fun to drive daily.

Comment

That's good news on the room. Not much, but better than it was. So with the fuel tank in and full will it change the rear number to more like 50%?
                    Best Met I've ever seen!

Comment

Thanks, Purple! No, I figured the tank and a half tank of gas in place. Numbers may change a little, but I am super happy with 55/45. With the right springs and shocks, this will ride right and the extra weight will not be felt, and will be doubling the ponies under the hood. Thanks for the encouragement! It still will be months to finish, but there is progress.

Comment

Yeah those are some very nice numbers. Braking should also be quite nice. You know I'll be watching for more progress. Got to support a more or less local guy/car. When it's done and it goes to a Joplin car show tell me, may have the time to drive down and see it. It's just a few hours away!

Comment

Working...
                        X