Hybrid 3.4 / 3500 Chevette Project Western MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid 3.4 / 3500 Chevette Project Western MD

New to posting, but been reading for a while. I bought a low mileage 84 Vette with a blown head gasket. Body has no rust. Dents and dings that match it's age. Anyway since I've acquired my Vette I've been reading up on this forum and decided the best swap for the 1.6 Chevette is the 3.4. I'm in the parts collection phase right now. I got a 94 Camaro engine doner a friend gave me. The Camaro engine is freshly rebuilt with a mild cam not sure of brand or specs. I may have to put my dial indicator on it and measure it. I've also collected a complete 3500 from a 06 G6 with 85K miles on it. I plan to use the heads and intake off of. from what I understand that combination will net around 11.5:1 compression ratio and may be ok on 93 octane if the cam has enough overlap. If not that's ok cause it's not a daily driver. I can run racing fuel if i need to. Will running 100 Octane Low Lead aviation fuel foul the O2 sensor? There's a ton of info on this forum. I still need injectors, throttle body, a Camaro T-5, and peddle assembly from a manual Vette, ect. Not sure what computer to use. It would be nice if there was a sticky that layed out all of the RWD 3.4 / 3X00 hybrid good guy parts / process. I'll post updates. I figure this will be at least a year long project
    Last edited by Gunny; 06-13-2016, 08:54 PM.

Do not use any leaded gas. Sounds like a nice project!
    95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
    High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
    Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

Do you have E85 close by? That might be a cheap high octane alternative.

Sounds fun though! I was thinking about doing a high compression 3400 with 3.4L pistons and 3500 heads. May still if the racecar motor doesn't last the year.

Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Googled E85 near my Zip Code, returned everything but what I wanted. I think I’ll just use 3400 pistons. It’ll simplify everything. I can check out the rebuild on the 3.4, and I’ll have the option to add boost later on.

Comment

Working...
        X