No announcement yet.

My First Post: RSX Type S Vs. My Cav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the E36 and E46 are the ones I like. I think they are planning on Gay-ifying the 3 Series like they did the 5 and 7. That's going to suck ass. Yeah, the M3 has 333hp which is cool from a 3.2L, but I kinda don't like how it makes that power WAY the hell up at 7,900rpm. The lesser models aren't all that bad. A 330i with a manual runs a 3.0L 225hp I6, which is kind of misleading considering the acceleration numbers they return. Those things give you every damn ounce of advertised hp. Kinda makes you wonder if they are pulling 1960s Big 3 strategies and underrating their motors, or if the cars are just that finely tuned.

Car insurance is legal discrimination

Comment

Originally posted by Sorin
      Yeah, the M3 has 333hp which is cool from a 3.2L, but I kinda don't like how it makes that power WAY the hell up at 7,900rpm.
      What do you expect out of a high output V6. Remember we don't have 2 extra cylinders here! The 3.4DOHC is a higher RPM engine and puts out more power than any other GM V6 (excempting the new ones). Same deal with the quad 4.

Comment

Straight 6. I don't think BMW even makes a V6. But either way, yeah it's high output which means higher RPM. I understand why it is the way it is, just saying I really don't like RPMs that high. Maybe if I saw a graph of the power curve (with hp and tq on the same goddamn scale instead of this cock-eyed shit you see at GM's powertrain site where the torque and hp are on the same graph, but the torque scale is like twice the hp scale. Blech.

But anyways, just a personal preference to not liking peak power at too high rpms. Low 6k for peak is tops for me. Anything more is stretching it.

Car insurance is legal discrimination

Comment

Working...
        X