My first car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first car

This is my first car. A 93 Z34. It was a great deal, i think. I only paid 2 grand for it. Its in great shape but it has 147,000 miles on it. Isn't that alot for these motors? Thanks for lookin

Kyle
    1992 Lumina Z34
    5 Speed
    Autozone civic intake
    Ultra White lights
    FFP Dogbone mount
    125k miles
    2.5 inch Magnaflow catback from Magnaflow cat
    60degreeV6.com Custom Chip

RE: My first car

Wow, that thing looks like its in good shape!! Very nice. As for mileage, if it was taken care of by previous owners, its not an issue. There may be a few things that could use replacing if they haven't already been done, but other than that, you should be just fine!
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Holy crap that thing is CLEAN!!! Looks great dude! With a body like that, I'd think that the engine would be just fine. I've heard of them going 200k+, but mine blew at 127k. And my red car is in great shape, and has a f*cked motor with only 106k on it....Maybe its a 5-speed thing....

Comment

Looks BEAUTIFUL man! As stated before, if it was properly cared for, and it looks like it was, mileage is a non-issue.

Comment

Im at 196,875 miles on my Z and its running just fine, better than the other ones in the city, by FAR... oh and its a 5 speed, so I think it must be the driver... :P (body is in good condition too), plugged fuel filter, but ill fix that soon. (i paid 2400 cdn for mine a little over a year ago)

My Z is my second car, my FIRST car was a mustang that i paid 800 bucks for and drove it like it was meant to be driven... the Z is a VERY nice car for a first car, love that color too, nice find!

Oh, and for the record... I drive the shit out of my cars. Ask anyone who knows me or has driven with me... Cars are like people, you have to work them hard or else they get lazy and fat, but you also have to keep em fed. A properly maintained engine can last as long as you can look after it.
          2001 Mustang GT
          1991 5spd Lumina Z34 - Dead
          1947 4spd International - Dead... Reincarnation pending.. getting close now .

Comment

The funny thing is that when i took the pics the car was filthy. The first pics that i took i had taken after i had just washed it. They were on my computer when it crashed so i had to take new ones. I decided not to freeze my ass off by washing it during a 40 degree day. So it stayed filthy.
            Thanks for all the nice comments. Hope everyone has a very merry CHRISTmas.
            1992 Lumina Z34
            5 Speed
            Autozone civic intake
            Ultra White lights
            FFP Dogbone mount
            125k miles

Comment

Originally posted by Kyles93Z34
              Hope everyone has a very merry CHRISTmas.
              Uh oh looks like someone has a problem controling the VOLUME OF HIS VOICE. No I'm just kidding. Sweet car you got there. Is it a 5 speed?
              I wish 10% of the people on the road knew how to drive

Comment

I wish. Is it hard to do a 5 speed swap?
                1992 Lumina Z34
                5 Speed
                Autozone civic intake
                Ultra White lights
                FFP Dogbone mount
                125k miles

Comment

Not really, finding the tranny and all the stuff for it is the hardest. Unless of course you have the tranny already

BTW- 40* cold ahahah, its about 10* here.

1992 Lumina Z34 | 3.4L 207ci DOHC 60º V6; Getrag 284 |
                  1994 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP | 3.4L 207ci DOHC 60º V6; Hydra-Matic 4T60E |

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron
                    I've heard of them going 200k+, but mine blew at 127k. And my red car is in great shape, and has a f*cked motor with only 106k on it....Maybe its a 5-speed thing....
                    196,xxx miles on my 3.4L ..5spd .. Definately the driver ..

Good Lookin Out
                    New member of 200,000 mile club as of May 16, 2005

Comment

you should be good on the mileage
                      did you get a service record with it
                      only main thing about these motor is always do your maintenence on schedule and dont beat on it too hard although i know its tempting
                      should make 200000 or more easy
                      I Like V660s
                      Does Chevy make beer
                      ~Jayme~

Comment

Originally posted by Kyles93Z34
                        Not really, but if you are interested, I have all the parts you will need, aka the 5-speed chip, tranny, shifter, cables, axles, pedals, and anything else you may need. I plan on parting out the red car, which is a factory 5-speed and still has every component. PM me if you are interested.

I think Pocket Rocket did a 5-speed swap into his Z34, but I still think he had some bugs to work out.

Comment

Working...
                        X