1995 GTP lives on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 GTP lives on

It has been a very long time since I have been here. So a quick update. I bought it around 2000 drove it for about 10 years, it was giving me problems so into the barn it went. I moved to NH but still owned the house with the barn in ME. It sat int the barn for 10 years with 128K miles. I finally sold the house and trailered the GTP to NH. I changed the battery and vroom it started. I started to drive it working out the storage bugs, second tank of gas I rear ended a BMW that stopped at a green light, dumbass masshole. It took me another 2 years finding parts, hood, fender, nose etc. It is finally all back together and I have been driving the GTP all summer. It still has issues from being in storage, AC doesn't work, no cruise control, and ABS light is on. The climate control and radio knobs are crumbly and breaking. I am thinking about getting it painted but wondering if I should spend the cash on a $1500 car. I have had complements like "I haven't seem one of those for a long time" and "That was my first car", It still turns heads. I will be replacing the leaking valve cover gaskets, intake gasket, vacuum hoses etc. I also have been driving my 1972 Avanti to shows all over NH. I saw one GTP at a show last year and none of those funky Chevy Z34's anywhere. Both cars are fun to drive. I almost sold the GTP but a guy at the Nor eastern Pontiac Club talked me out of it. Hope all is well with everyone. Time to have fun under the hood with the 3.4L maintenance monster.

Welcome back Site isn't what it used to be, but if Facebook keeps fucking around we might see more action around here. The 3.4 DOHC is getting to be pretty rare overall, to see on the street at least. Its been a bit since I looked for any of the tools on ebay but they are useful if you are going to replace the belt.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

How is everyone fixing that notorious oil leak on the 3.4? I used JB weld and it lasted me about 10 years now its back. Intake off and all cleaned ready for "The Fix" again.

Comment

remind me again on where its leaking oil? The distributor/oil pump drive o ring?
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

95gtp You should post some pictures of your car and the progress you are making!

Comment

Working...
          X