60° used in a 2.5 L Mod Hydroplane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60° used in a 2.5 L Mod Hydroplane

The bottom of the 1st page shows the new motor that will be installed this winter in my hydroplane. It is destroked to 2.825" with a stock bore of 3.504". The cylinder heads are custom Potter with Titanium valves and retainers and Crane roller rockers and lifters. The fuel injection is Kinsler and methanol fuel is used. Ignition is Electromotive crank triggered, Crankshaft made by Crower with V-8, 2 inch bearings with very large radius fillets on rod and mains. Rods are 6.2" Carillo units with custom JE pistons. The camshaft is a Schneider roller unit. A Peterson 3 stage pump supplies the oil to the aluminum Bow Tie block.

Yeah, now that's what I'm talking about.

That looks amazing, great to see so much done with a 660.

Man I gotta get building my engine, or at least the intake and such.

Where can I get more info on those heads?

Comment

w0000t! ME LIKES!

Comment

349 hp!

Comment

Yeah, that is a kick ass engine setup. I would also like to know more about the heads. I was figuring they were of the sprint car variety, but have yet to find anything more about them. There are some other very nice looking custom pieces to this engine (oil pan, lack of plenum, etc), but did anyone notice that it's the Bow-Tie aluminum block? Very sweet...
          -Brad-
          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
          sigpic
          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi
            but did anyone notice that it's the Bow-Tie aluminum block? Very sweet...
            Yeah, I noticed that! I want one!

Comment

Potter Cylinder Heads

I bought this engine already completed...it was in a midget race car. I have another set of heads and cam and ignition like the one already done that will be going on a backup engine as soon as I purchase the Bow Tie block. The Potter heads on this engine were flowed and ported by Indy Cylinder Head. The spare heads were done by Stewart Van Dyne in California.The GM Generation II heads, part #10048649 will also work very well on the Bow Tie aluminum block, part #10051141 or even a cast iron block. The spare engine will be built using the identical components as the one pictured. Thanks for your interest.

Comment

So those heads are stock modified heads then?

I was wondering more about the flow numbers and more specific info, head discussions are quite frequent around here, and it has been difficult at best to find out any info on what might possibly be out there for an aftermarket offering.

I have genIII heads on my genI block, in my GMC Jimmy, stock parts swapping has been explored and seems to have been discussed in depth.

Comment

heh... bowtie block... it has a bowtie in the casting... (makes sense, eh?)

also observing it, it appears that those are 3rd gen heads? or are they aftermarket (noticed the "D" shaped ports)

Cliff Scott
                  89 BerettaGT
                  89 Volvo740
                  Cliff Scott
                  89 BerettaGT
                  04 AleroGX

Comment

Cliff, yeah I noticed the D ports, but the rest of the head doesn't look like a GM casting, notice the area where the head stud is, triangular shaped (when looking directly down on the stud top), and no drilled and tapped holes for bolting on teh coil pack and such, that is usually there.

Comment

Thats amazing, id like to see the dyno on it and some more engine pics. I wonder if any of those heads are still around...or the cost of them alone! CC specs, valve sizes?
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Comment

oh is that ever wicked!

just beautiful!
                          those heads look full on aftermarket to me... ? possibility of aftermarket v6 castings that we dont know about?

more info would be great!
                          Colin
                          92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
                          90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

Did you guys also notice that those heads aren't split with the lower IM like the normal 60v6 heads are? It appears there's some sort of lifter valley plate instead of a lower IM and the pushrods go thru a hole in the heads, instead of between the lower IM and heads.

Isn't that a work of art to behold?

Comment

Originally posted by RidgeRunner
                              Did you guys also notice that those heads aren't split with the lower IM like the normal 60v6 heads are? It appears there's some sort of lifter valley plate instead of a lower IM and the pushrods go thru a hole in the heads, instead of between the lower IM and heads.
                              ah yeah. didnt notice that at first.
                              Colin
                              92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
                              90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

Working...
                              X