No announcement yet.

60° used in a 2.5 L Mod Hydroplane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those cannot be reworked stock heads.. they look aluminum to me and are definetly cast different than stock Iron heads.. Somebody must have made perf. heads to go along with the bowtie block at somepoint.
    I modify stuff

Comment

Randy:

Thanks for the links and the photos.

Could you tell me how to get ahold of the Potter V6 people? An internet search reveals only that a lot of folks are using these heads, not the address of the company itself.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
      sg99
      He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

Comment

Originally posted by smilinguy99
        Randy:

Thanks for the links and the photos.

Could you tell me how to get ahold of the Potter V6 people? An internet search reveals only that a lot of folks are using these heads, not the address of the company itself.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
        sg99
        I also tried a search using different wording and search engines, spent a few hours doing so, mostly I had "Harry Potter and the...." links pop up.

I also noticed the lack of a "lower intake manifold", to me it looks like there are pieces that attach to the heads, look closely at the end of the heads and you will see a seperation line. Kinsler is well known to make 3 piece intakes, where there are 2 sets of TB manifolds that bolt to each head and a valley pan.

Comment

I can't give you any more information than to check with Indy Cylinder Head. I don't know any thing else about them. They are aftermarket, the valvecovers say Potter V6 and they are aluminum and there is a homemade metal valley cover between the heads. This is definately a very unique engine and I can't wait to get it into the hydro and run it. In case you missed it the previous owner told me that Ralph Potter who made the heads says they were getting 349 hp @ 7000 rpm. I really can't prove that and am not going to dyno the engine as I really don't care. I do know it will be very competitive in a hydroplane as the midgets and hydros use basically he same kind of set-up. I bought the new boat especially to install the Mod motor. Sorry I can't provide anymore information because I came up with the same stuff you did running a search before I purchased it.

Comment

349hp.... 7000rpm... Man, that would be so awesome!!! I did some browsing on Indy Cylinder Head's site the other day, and I can say that they do some serious stuff over there. It might be in our best interest to contact them and see if they have any other info. I also looked up Stewart Van Dyne and came up with a phone number for "Van Dyne Engineering", but no website. But that might be another lead we could possibly look into.

I just like to say thank you Randy for coming here and showing off that masterpiece. If you ever get any video of the boat and engine in action, shoot me a line. We'd be willing to host it for alittle while so that people can see the potential of these little engines!
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

any idea on what the exaust side flows?
              1999 Olds Alero 2.4 to 3500 swap (running). totaled by a honda
              1992 lumina 4 door 3500 3spd auto 15.020 @93.5 mph
              1984 Cavalier type 10 hatch 3100 5spd!!!
              14.96@91.47 in the 1/4
              9.63@74.36 in the 1/8th
              14.30 on slicks! scrapped due to rust!

Comment

Working...
              X