switch to carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switch to carb

I have a 3.4 from a 1995 Camaro. I want to strip off the computer and injection and go to carb,distributor etc any help would be greatly appreciated. I 'm putting this in a 57 Nash Metropolitan. I'm a newbie to these engines so any info will helpful. Thanks

Edelbrock makes a manifold for generation 1 engines for use with carburetor. Convert your distributor to 4 pin ICM or use an 1985 or earlier distributor that is not computer controlled.
    Ed

Comment

thanks this helps

Comment

I'm also interested in upgrading the heads and cam. I see articles that talk about aluminum heads and how much better they breathe but also get the impression that they will not work on a old school carbureted set up. is this correct?

Comment

Yes that is correct. There are no after market intake manifolds for the aluminum heads that accept carberators.
          Ed

Comment

thanks what about cam shaft upgrades?

Comment

Old thread, but just FYI you can use an intake manifold from a TBI-equipped S-10 or Isuzu 2.8, or from an Isuzu 3.1/FWD GM Minivan 3.1, and an inexpensive adapter that bolts to the TBI intake for use with a Holley 2-bbl carb. Here's a site I found selling this adapter:

HTH..............ed
              '90 Trooper 3.4 Conversion, bored intake, Holley Big-Bore, 1.6:1 Small Block Chev V8 roller-tipped rocker arms.

Comment

Working...
              X