• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever happened to...

... Shawn Larsen?
    I wish I still had my sixty degree.
    Subwoofer Tools

hahaha, whatever happened to you!

Shawn got a 3800 grand prix and is now stuck in an infinite loop of "i agree" on clubgp.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

hi tim

Comment

lol! I just found him on gmv6pcm.com last week and talked with him a little
        Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
        3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
        Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
        2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
        TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

Does he know that we still quote his "i agree" from time to time? I was surprised he never ever came back to say hi, even though he is "one of them" now.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
            hahaha, whatever happened to you!
            I've gotten married, have two kids and I'm 14 classes away from an associates degree.

Ideally I'd like to study electrical engineering, but you almost have to go to school full-time for that. Given my circumstances, I'll take an associates in web applications dev. as a consolation prize.

That and my attention is not on engines and cars today as much as it is audio and cooking.
            Subwoofer Tools

Comment

cooking what? ribs please say ribs mmmmm

I remember you got married and then disappeared. What are web apps?
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

ben you need to come out in the spring and tune my car and i'll make you all the ribs you can eat

Comment

cooking what? ribs please say ribs mmmmm

I remember you got married and then disappeared. What are web apps?
                  I made ribs once this summer. I did something wrong, they didn't come out right. They tasted fine, but they didn't have the texture I was looking for. I think I'm going to try again before the Cotton Bowl, using the oven instead of the grill.

This forum software is an example of a web application.
                  Subwoofer Tools

Comment

So you will know all web apps or what? Or html/java/php/blah blah blah? I prefer hardware

Did you boil the ribs for a little bit and smoke them out on the grill? Now I want some.
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

ewwww boiling just takes out the flavor.

i don't do them anywhere but the grill - either low heat for hours so they fall off the bone, or high heat fast. i prefer the latter.

Comment

Only boil it for a couple minutes and then slap the seasoning on it and smoke it. Then coat with BBQ sauce. Hickory wood chips soaked in water and wrapped in foil.

There are other ways obviously. One is to soak it overnight and then smoke it in the oven at 250 for 6 hours or something like that.
                        Ben
                        60DegreeV6.com
                        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Uta and I are liking our chops
                          Lorenzo
                          '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
                          '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

html/java/php/blah blah blah? I prefer hardware
                            Yes, lots and lots of coding. It's fun for me to use the computer to perform repetitive tasks.

I'm re-writing this again so it does a whole lot more.

Hardware bores me.

What I did with the ribs: Marinate with a little soy sauce, apple cider, onion powder, salt and honey. (Don't remember proportions) Bake at 250 degrees for an hour in the kitchen. Take outside and smoke with mesquite (should have bought hickory) for 2 hours, after applying an orange-ginger-honey glaze (home-made, don't remember proportions). It seemed a bit on the tough side. I think marinating overnight and dropping the heat on the grill to smoke for 6-8 hours would have made all the difference. I was in a hurry that day.

I think I'll do it again if I have a bunch of people over, it's a lot of time to do it right.

My in-laws have a smoker cooker. All I want for christmas is the turkey carcass that results from christmas dinner at their place. I took home the carcass at thanksgiving to make stock.

I wound up with the best damn jambalaya I've ever had.

I had some leftover stock after jambalaya. I made cream of broccoli and cream of potato soup. I am not allowed to show up in the office with homemade soup anymore unless I bring enough to share.

It smelled of hickory and dill in the break room from noon until 5:30 a few days back.
                            Subwoofer Tools

Comment

Hey guys,

I haven't been here in so long. I quit coming here because there was hatred towards me when I bought my GTP. I thought it was pretty lame and I decided to move on. Its not like a downgraded to a ricer or something. Oh well, life goes on. I still keep in touch with a few 60degreeV6 people, especially Curtis Walker. I chat with him now and then on AIM when ever I'm on (which ain't often due to work).

Not sure on the "I agree jokes", don't know if I should laugh or take offense. Oh well, moving right along.

As for me over the years, ALOT has happened and changed. The same week I got my GTP I got a job for an oil field manufacturing company. Busted my ass there for 3 1/2 years, moved up a little then got a job offer at there competitor for money I couldn't refuse so I moved on. Just last week I was put into a Lead man/Shop Foreman position and i'm guaranteed to be moving up in the near future. I've even done a little bit of buisness traveling which is cool. I'm curious what my future lies ahead of me. I've done pretty good for myself considering all I got is a High School dipolma with technical training. Granting i've busted my ass and still do, i'm very happy with the results.

Also behind my work situation, I got more hardcore into cars. My buddies always had there muscle cars and I would street race time to time (not much if any in the SE, mostly there cars). When I got my GTP I was invited out to the street races. Bone stock with a paper tag in the window I won quite a few races and I was surprised. I did get my ass handed to me in a Z3 BMW with an M3 motor (he had a 12.90 time slip). I was happy I had a daily driver they couple compete with the slower muscle cars. From that point on the mod bug caught on. I did a few bolts ons and went to the street races every weekend and raced the car regulary. Got in trouble with the cops a few times, my good buddies got into trouble and jailed. I got lucky for the most part. It got a little carried away overall. Street Racing in OKC got ridiculus period, eventully a few people I knew of got killed in a street racing accident. From then on I took a look at things and decided I need to get out of this situation and I did. Now all I do is cruise rarely (if i'm not at work) and go to GP meets here and there. Thats about it. I've kept my GTP over the years and with all the miles (140,000+) and abuse its taken is still in damn good conditon with no major failures. Ever since i've gotten the car i've added upgrades once in a while, the most major recently, an Intercooler Setup Air/Water Custom made by PRJ, and plumbed by me. I've done everything to the car myself. I just ordered a Built-Up Tranny for it and I plan to install that with some help soon.

Plans for the future? Looking for a house now with a garage of my own. Been looking for 6 months, hopefully i'll find something someday. As for cars, after the house I either want to build up my GTP into an 11 second Street car (i'd get rid of the S/C and go straight to Turbo) and buy a 1994-1996 GP SE 3100 SFI for a daily driver, or keep my GTP as it is (obviously it would remain a daily driver) and buy a 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro and go crazy with it. No idea what I want to do there. Maybe a deal will fall in my lap one of these days. I'm still very interested in the Buick Regal T-Types/Grand Nationals, thats my ultimate dream car.

Well, I better get going, see ya guys around...
                              Shawn W. Larsen

-2009 Pontiac G8 3.6 DOHC VVT V6... Stock Daily Driver

-2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 V8/A4... Stalled/Cam Only, 406 RWHP, 370 RWTQ

-2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS 2WD 6.0 LS2 V8

-2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 6.0 LQ9 V8

-1999 Lincoln Navigator AWD 5.4 SOHC V8

Previous:

-1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE Coupe w/ 3.1 MPFI V6/Auto... CAI, Exhaust, Chipped
                              -1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8 Series II S/C V6... ICed, Stalled, Geared, Alky = 13.02@103.95 w/ 1.849 60ft

Comment

Working...
                              X