Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you hate the most about your house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you hate the most about your house?

The thing that pisses me off the MOST is that my landlord will not let me work on my cars here. I have to go down to my MOTHERS house to work on them.

The thing that STARTED this is I had to clean the CEILING. I HATE the cathedral ceilings.

My ceilings are TOO TALL. I wish it had normal ceilings. My house is PHYSICALLY tall enough to be 3 stories, but it is only 1 story with an attic (no basement). Here is a pic of the livingroom, and the second pic is looking up into the attic. It is hard to see, but when you are standing on the area above the livingroom, it goes up another 15 feet.

Taylor
    1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
    1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
    1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
    1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
    "find something simple and complicate it"

i hate my one car garage... when i started looking for a house a 2 car garage was right at the top of the list... and somehow i bought one that only has a one car... oh and i really wish i had curbs... the road ends and my yard begins... i really like the buffer of a curb
    3.4L camaro some goodies

Comment

only one bathroom. otherwise its a great house.

Comment

I hate the color of my place. Its a condo not a house tho. Yellow FTL
        Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
        02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
        www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

I hate that my house is located in Ohio. I'd rather be some place warm all year

Comment

Well, i just bought my house late last year... only complaints so far are the grade of the back yard (It's OK sized just slopes downward) and not enough parking for my 4 cars... altho i'm doing OK right now with 1 in the garage, 1 on the side of the house (partially on my neighbor's property but he's renting so dosen't care) and 2 in the driveway...

oh yah, the hardwood floors are creeky, i gotta fix that
            Past Builds;
            1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
            1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
            Current Project;
            1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by 86euro View Post
              I hate that my house is located in Ohio. I'd rather be some place warm all year
              agree

Comment

i hate, that my house is not a house lol
                i hate that its an apartment
                and i hate that im the caretaker of the apt ! lol

Comment

I hate my pool.

Or maybe I should say, I hate the trees in my yard and the neighbors' that hang over the pool. I'm constantly having to pull leaves out and fiddle with chemicals to keep it from clouding up.

I no longer enjoy swimming in pools; I can't keep my mind off of how much trouble they are for the poor bastard that keeps them up. Never liked swimming pools all that much in the first place. Creeks, lakes, and the ocean are more my style.

Rather have a hot tub. With a cover. And an automatic chlorination system.

What a thing to dislike, though, eh?
                  87 Fiero GT
                  2.8 liter v6

Comment

My central heater is obsolete, can't afford to replace it and no one in my Family will work out a repayment plan. My house is all electric and don't have city code clearance for a gas even if I did I don't have a gas easement.

I have crappy fake wood paneling floor to ceiling, no basement. My improvements are taking care of the paneling issue and upgrading insulation as well.

The pictures:
                    One is my crappy Rudd heater that I had to retro fit several times, it is down to 3 heat coils, relocated and used a heavy duty seqencer that is used in spas, replaced the motor and lifted the filter away from the intake. Rudd does make part for this anymore and this model was discontinued and recalled in 1997 and the previous owner didn't feel like replacing of course I found this out after I closed. It is setup as a open central return down flow, sometime in the future I am redoing everything and adding a regular return plenum and duck work.

I have all the most basic tools required and more to make my own roof trusses, way in the future I will have a excavator come and clear out a 10x24 foot 8 feet deep hole in the ground out back to put a nice little basement in coupling this with a second story add on to a loft addition over my garage adding about 1k square foot. The loft will be transitioned and will be seprately accessible.

The renovation pictures show most of the work done I have tons more to document:

The picture of the pink insulation is what was in the walls, junk.

I did 99 percent of all work floor to ceiling. Used Radiant barrier in the walls with R15 insulation, rerouted electrical with new boxes and outlets, new 1/2 sheetrock on the walls and 5/8ths gypsum on the ceiling, most of the floor was replaced with 3/4 sturd-I-floor, reworked door and closet partition with new studs.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Juglenaut; 03-18-2007, 01:19 AM.
                    I am back

Mechanical/Service Technican

Comment

i hate the fact that I still have to finish the sheetrocking job I started in the den
                      Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
                      3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
                      Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
                      2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
                      TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

I hate the fact that my house... does not exist! I do own a piece of land I could put a house on though...

I want either one of these two houses:

Appalachian Log Homes a nationally known contractor featuring log home floor plans, log cabin kits, custom designs, photographs, construction, sales agents, financing, builders, and more.

(or both!)
                        60v6's original Jon M.

Comment

I have a lovely house with a two stall garage.. currently one side of it has my Project L-body in it and the other side has my 325i in it... plenty of work space, 4 huge rolling tool boxes... a spacious driveway where i park my truck... sounds good .....

BUT....

Its not my house. I still live with my parents while in college. Damn.

Comment

i love my house and my neibhors are great,but we have a very strong club association and they have walkers (old farts that walk around the hood checking
                            things out).and when they walk by my house they walk very slow checking it out very good ,and when they see me they also check me and i can almost read there mind saying "how this mexican lives here".most of the time don't bother me ,but once in a while it tickes my huevos.
                            i just love to watch the wheels turn around and around

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention is the floor in the laundry room sags!! Not a problem it is the next project after the rooms. This one is going to be fun, the bathroom wall is going to be removed, all 3 closets, the bathroom vanity, and the laundry room itself is going to be gutted all simotaniously floor to ceiling. I may just include the whole bathroom in the renovation gutting if I finish it off first step.
                              I am back

Mechanical/Service Technican

Comment

Working...
                              X