No announcement yet.

Your Input Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see a search bar that takes your information and finds the relevant information regarding troubleshooting.

Enter year/make/model/engine type/

catagory -fuel system, emmisions, body, electrical, chassis, etc

problem occurs - hot/cold/underload,accel, decel etc

when people have problems, they could rely on information specifically about thier problem, and it would be less guess work because only articles with a fix should be posted. By people constantly refering too and adding to the repair database, it would become a huge and valuable resourse worthy of a donation to access it! theres no sense in going to another site for the 60 degree enthusiest.. im really happy with the info on this site... but helping people with there automotive whoes is tough when they cant describe thier problem accurately. On top of that people have to wait for the helper to post a reply... could be days. A datbase is an instant resourse to point people in the right direction..... people could chime in if that info isnt sufficient, and then once a fix is found, it's one more search result.
    Last edited by IanSzgatti; 10-13-2007, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I really like the layout of the new site.
      1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE - 3100/3400 hybrid

Comment

Originally posted by GP1138 View Post
        I wasn't sure where to put this, but I really like the layout of the new site.
        Thanks! Now if we could just get all the old information transferred over and start adding new information...
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Tech List

While everyone is free to post their thoughts and advice in threads perhaps we might consider a tech list? Volunteers who have exceptional experience with a said topic and make a list? I have seen this done with other car clubs to some success. Doesn't take away from anything said on the boards but well just a thought? They wouldn't be moderators or anything of position just someone who would be established to entertain questions on a particular topic.

Comment

glad to see you went vbulletin.
            Been around here for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
              Jeez, are we using GARS or vbadvanced or is gars an addon to vba? I was always better at writing articles, not modifying the site software. Ive deleted users on accident...so do you really want me poking around in there? Time for a backup.
              I like the "Ive deleted users on accident" lol I think I been a vic. anyway it is all good...

Been some time since the good old days, the plain point, click and type message board.

I think that since the information is derversified yes, allocated ahh fustrating but searchable. Since information may cross lines and fall under different subclasses as well, it is hard to decide where things go and what forum links should be available.

I do think even though some F-body cars receive a 60 degree that should be a separate section for these PR engines, chassis, suspension, and electrical. The site is getting more and more F-body lerkers, draw them in!, and with the fame that this site is accured that would make it stronger. Granted alot of people here know V8's and why not expand on this but focusing on the V6 if need be. Keeping this separate may remove some cross confusion among transverse applications...

Overall this site needs more articles and walkthroughs, full service manuals would be nice. I have a nak for finding service manuals under copyright with legal obligation blah blah not to sell and the copy is of lower quality but readable and free. I found FSM for alot of cars under puplic domains but nothing under a W-body or the like, this alone would be very attractive.

Step by step swaps that are typical and affordable, and swaps that are performance related. Just like I would drop a 3400 with mating trans in my euro and log everything pics and diagnostics, writeups, problems, workarounds, the works, but you know what I can't afford to do so and would wish I could do an article. You have have four things money, experience, knowledge, and the right tools, missing just one the project falls through, or suffers severly.

A body section would be nice, and include interiors.

Writeups and possible mods needed to rework a pre94 w-body rear tranverse spring to coil overs.

This site is and was and will always be the best 60Degree V6 site on the web, with all the minds and all the critique, the site as it is now has alot more content than it ever had and the minds that keep it going deserve a huge hand knowing where this site birthed and what it has been through and through (some know) all the years stuggling to keep content. We as a community of enthusiast are in debt because there was a time when today was uncertain.
              I am back

Mechanical/Service Technican

Comment

Working...
              X