stroking a 2.8 with 3.4 DOHC parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stroking a 2.8 with 3.4 DOHC parts

Ok I'm fairly new to the the 60V6 series of engines but i bought a jeep Cherokee with the 2.8L V6 and then not a week after i got it a friend gave me a 3.4L DOHC crate engine. i intended to put the 3.4 into the jeep but cant afford the intake harness and computer to make it run so i got the idea of boring out the 2.8 block around .060 over then pulling the bottom end of the 3.4 out and putting it in the 2.8 with the over sized pistons i would need.... but on all data i have not been able to find all the specs for both engines cranks rods, strokes and the like. does anyone know if this idea will work or if im looking at wasting my time trying?

The 3.1 and 3.4 DOHC share the same crank so yes, you can use the 3.4 DOHC crank and rods with 3.1 pistons.

Your idea however is not something I would recommend. If you don't want the crate motor, sell it and get a 3.4 camaro motor for your jeep. Its worth a lot more whole as a crate 3.4 DOHC motor than it is to convert your 2.8 to a 3.1.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i'll trade you a 3.1 for it so you can use the parts to make your 2.8 bigger

Comment

i have actually looked at selling the 3.4 but noone will give me more than about 500 for it, every where i go is wanting to just treat it like a core rather than a crate, and patgizz thanks for the offer but i would rather still try and sell it before i resort to a trade

Comment

ebay maybe? also try pennocks fiero forum and bump it from time to time. the demand for the 3.4 dohc engine swap fluctuates as some members are not regulars that seek them.

i wouldn't recommend selling parts but they would go for a whole crate engine.
          The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

Working...
          X