Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored....

....and stuck at the airport.

So I'm heading to Pittsburgh for a few days on a business trip. Unfortunately, we are currently waiting on a plane to get here to even start the trip. We were supposed to originally take-off at 12:35, but something delayed the plane. It was supposed it get here around 2:30 and then we'd take off around 3pm. Well, its 2:40 and no sign of the plane yet. Maybe soon...?

Was supposed to land in Pittsburgh at 5:30ish, and now it looks more like 9:30ish (if that plane ever gets here!). What a way to start a trip. At least I'm on the clock the whole time. Too bad I only have a GSM card to browse the internet...
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

GSM card? I dunno what that is but at least you can get online. I hate flying because of all the delays.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Basically its a Sprint card that dials onto their standard phone network. So its basically as fast as a dial-up connection. At least the hotel has free broadband. Should have plenty of time in the evenings to mess with the Wiki since I really don't have any urge to hang out with the other guy that I'm travelling with.

Oh, and I just got an update on my flight. That plane isn't going to make it, so I'm now flying out at 5:04, heading to Detroit and arriving in Pittsburgh at 10:40. Only 5 hrs later than planned...
      -Brad-
      sigpic

Comment

God damn, and how much are these flights:P At least you aren't paying for it AND getting paid to sit there. Dial up though...bleh. Still better than solitaire:P
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I dunno... think this one was around $5-600. I know when I fly out (again) next Monday, it was $524+tax.

And this is a work computer, so they took all the games off of it. I already looked for Solitare....
          -Brad-
          sigpic

Comment

Probably takes a while to load flash games too.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Well, I made it to Detroit. Yea!!! And I should be loading onto the next plane in ~15 min. Figured I'd do some quick checking in while I had time.

And yes, it takes time to load stuff. I DL'd a 7.8MB file earlier and it took ~15min. That sucked.
              -Brad-
              sigpic

Comment

Brutal! Some people don't have broadband options yet either, which has to suck.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I guess the Sprint connection here in Detriot is alot stronger, as the browsing is almost as fast as our dual-T1 at work. Of course, AT&T has been having issues with our line at work, so its far from operating at its potential. But it is sloooow compared to the cable at the house.
                  -Brad-
                  sigpic

Comment

I hate dealing with cancelled flights and Irate passengers. Today we had 1 cancellation and 2 seriously delayed flights.

fyi i'm a Skycap at Seatac International Airport (Seattle)
                    Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
                    02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                    www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Stop feeding the pilots booze, they have work to do!
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I finally landed in Pittsburgh around 10:45. Got my car and my luggage and headed for the hotel. Well, I ended up taking a wrong exit on the highway, so I decided to get off and turn around. Lucky me, it was a toll exit and I had nothing but a credit card. So I sat in the toll booth for ~10 min searching my bags and the rental for $0.50. I even tried flagging down the 1 semi that went through while I was there and he didn't stop. So I finally just said screw it and went through. Get to try to deal with that this morning... I did finally make it to the hotel just shy of midnight, where I found out parking is basically valet only. One more fee added to the company's bill that I'll get to explain...

I sure how this seminar is worth the hassle...
                        -Brad-
                        sigpic

Comment

Business travel is always a fun experience. Like your boss having you pay for the $300 dinner for 3 people with your company card. Just so he can pay for the $200 "lunch" bill that consisted of mostly Guiness and Bailey's with his company card. Then there was the time I picked up a rental car and not more than 5 miles from the lot I notice the left rear tire has a slow leak. I then made the mistake of letting the rental company know about it. From now on I don't care if the car is on fire while I'm standing at the counter. As far as I know, the car was fine when I parked it.
                          Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

where abouts are you in the pittsburgh area? i'm all of about 40 minutes from the city itself. glad to see you made it... finally.
                            -Chris

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 3.4L TDC Getrag 284
                            1990 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix 3.1L v6 Hydramatic 4T60
                            1997 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 3.8L v6, Hydramatic 4T60E
                            1987 Chevrolet Camaro 5.0L v8, Hydramatic 700R4

Comment

I am staying at the Hilton right at the intersection of the 3 rivers. And the seminar is across the river at Station Square.

And just for a "geez whiz" note. Did you (anyone) know that Pittsburgh is 2nd behind Venice, Italy, for the most bridges in a city?!? I thought that was kind of crazy. Although I can see 3 from my hotel room, which is mostly blocked by buildings.
                              -Brad-
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X