Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You might be a car nut if....???

You might be a car nut if…..?

If you met me on the street you would think I’m a pretty normal guy, and in most aspects that would be true. However, I am a sick person; I suffer from an incurable disease: I am a car nut.

There are a number of ways to determine if you are afflicted by this disease.

You might be a car nut if:

1. You have owned more cars than years you have been driving. Example: I have been driving for 32 years and have owned 41 cars. (yes I do keep track)

2. You own 3-4 cars at a time, and 2 of them don’t run.

3. You attend car events of all kinds: car shows, races, truck shows, etc. You even attend events for cars you don’t even like, just because it is related to cars.

4. You own the most extensive collection of toy cars anyone has ever seen. I’m talking matchbox cars, model cars, die cast cars, etc.

5. You spend more quality time with your car than your girlfriend/wife. (I have even called my wife by the wrong name once...Chevy)

6. You get into a fight with your girlfriend/wife and instead of making you sleep on the couch she takes away your detailing supplies.

7. When you buy a new house, you are only concerned with the size of the garage.

8. You attend auto shows even when you’re not looking to buy a car.

9. You know the 0-60 times of all of your cars and their closest 5 competitors.

10. The engine compartment of your car is clean enough to eat off.

11. You have trained your girlfriend/wife on spotting different models of cars and what modifications they have on them.

12. On road trips, you always challenge yourself to get their faster than the last time.

13. Your garage holds more cars than your house has bedrooms.

14. You have enough spare parts to build another car.

15. You have car parts in your cubicle at work.

16. You ask your future wife if you can register at AutoZone, Napa and Advance Auto.

17. The reading material in your bathroom is all car magazines, car and racing catalogs and a few books written by famous drivers.

18. Your family brings a couch into the garage so they can spend some time with you.

19. You can’t stand anyone telling you how to drive, you are the best!

20. You always want to change something on your car to make it handle better.

21. You spend more time polishing your car then you do bathing.

22. You spend more on insurance premiums than food.

23. You know the 0-60 and ¼ mile times of your lawn mower and want to improve them.

24. After you tell your girlfriend/wife where you want to go on vacation, she asks “Why is there a car show or race there?”

25. You have auto parts store on your speed dial.

26. When someone asks where you went to school you reply “Skip Barber.”

27. Your email or screen name refers to your car and not you.

28. You sit in your car in a dark garage and make car noises and shift and practice your heel toe shifting.

29. You look at the purchase of tools as a long term investment.

30. You have a separate drawer for garage clothes.

This is just a small list of ways to determine if you are an addict. I have grown up a car nut, being raised by one, my father. It is like a bug and once you are bitten there is no remedy to get rid of it. You can try to pick other hobbies and jobs, but in the end it will always come down to cars. So the best thing to do is just give in, admit you have a problem, then say the h*** with it and go enjoy that car!

Hello, my name is John, and I am an addict .

I have five cars and the Firebird is the only one not running (only because it's getting an upgrade ).
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

Comment

MY name is taylor, and I am an addict. I have 4 cars and none of them are running.

Most of that list applies to me.

Just so you know, I don't suffer from my insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
      Taylor
      1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
      1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
      1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
      1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
      "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

After getting engaged a few weeks ago #16 looks promising. Lol.
        Lots of mods cost lots of $$
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2598719/1

Comment

30. You have a seperate drawer for garage clothes. No, almost everything I own is garage material.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
            30. You have a seperate drawer for garage clothes. No, almost everything I own is garage material.
            I resemble that statement.

Actually, all my clothes are greasy, except for the suit my wife wants me to wear when we go to a formal function (well, that has FOOD grease on it )
            Links:
            WOT-Tech.com
            FaceBook
            Instagram

Comment

My name is Aaron and Im also an addict. Ive spent around 15grand on a Corsica that i paid $1700 for 3 years ago..lol

^please dont ask how i spent that much..id rather not know myself sometimes
              1994 Chevy Corsica. Parted out. Just a rotting shell now
              Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
              Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
              1997 Ford Ranger Splash
              Daily Driver

Comment

about 90% of the list applies to me. I might add that threats of divorce over your relationship with the car/truck is a definate sign. Luckiliy she gave in and now lets me indulge in my addiction.

I almost had my wife talked into a new dining room with a auto motiff, complete with pinstriping, and parts/badging decor.

Comment

Working...
                X