• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 130 MPG Car

Here are two different articles:

1. Valentin Technologies

2. Official Web-Site

And some press releases for intent to go for the X Prize:

August 24, 2007 -- Valentin Technologies today announced its official intent to compete in the multimillion dollar Automotive X PRIZE

Aug 01, 2007 07:00 ET
    Automotive X PRIZE Announces First 31 Teams in Multimillion Dollar Competition for 100 MPGe Vehicles

The engine used does not have a crankshaft...but has 50,000 psi injectors...and as they say,

b. The Hydraulic Free-piston Engine (aka: Innas: Chiron Free Piston Engine and Hydraulic Pump)

The 2-stroke Diesel engine has no crankshaft and valve mechanism and therefore very little frictional losses – about half of current engines. The combustion chamber is very compact and extracts only little heat.

Also, here is a description of this engine, and how it is used today here.

Looks good to me...Hello GM...get on the ball...

Well I don't know it seems like an idea. But hydraulic circuits loose a lot of energy to heat.

If people stop burning fuel and start using electricity then we will all be much better off. Check this thing out http://www.teslamotors.com/

And it out performs a lot of sports cars on the road today.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by betterthanyou View Post
      Well I don't know it seems like an idea. But hydraulic circuits loose a lot of energy to heat.
      Each system has benefits/drawbacks...but, this system had different means to be recharged (fuel, electricity, & solar)...meaning, as a locally driven vehicle, it would be quite cheap to operate. It has regenerative braking...which is a big plus.

Did you look at the current applications of this crank-less motor? The tech does work...

I don't have the bean-counting info for these different vehicles, but off-hand, this one may be the cheapest to build en mass.

Comment

Too bad it's $100,000+ for it.

If I had 100,000 to play with I'd consider it but then again it'd also be fun to try and build a fast Hybird out of a W-Body car.

A company changed up a Saturn Vue I think --- pretty much stock Vue /w batteries and it could commute 40mi just on electricity before it'd need to be switched to the gas motor.

It'd be awesome to do that to a W-Body car. Have a powerful motor but also an electric motor for those quick commutes. Personally that'd save me a lot of money at this point. But the 73' GMC I have gets around 3 miles to the gallon in town. Then again, it's hard to beat the torque of that old bitch.

Has anyone attempted something like that with these cars?

Originally posted by betterthanyou View Post

If people stop burning fuel and start using electricity then we will all be much better off. Check this thing out http://www.teslamotors.com/

And it out performs a lot of sports cars on the road today.

Comment

Originally posted by nixtux View Post

Has anyone attempted something like that with these cars?
          Gav's EV Conversion 10

Could you make your own electric car?

Comment

Electric Vehicle Conversions

Comment

Working...
            X