24 Hours of Lemons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 Hours of Lemons

Ben and I just got done talking and we would like to get a race team together to run a car in the 24 hours of Lemons race in Toledo, Ohio on September 13-14, 2008 at Toledo Speedway. It's a 24 hour endurance race where the car you enter, including the cost of the car, can be worth no more than $500. It will require 4-6 drivers to drive throughout the 24 hour event, and hopefully a small crew with some MacGuyver training that can fix any problem that arises with a Q-tip and some matled milk balls. From my understanding of the rules, anyone that isn't driving or on the crew can stand around and drink all night and watch crappy cars drive around a racetrack.

What we need is a car, preferably with a 60degreev6 engine so we can represent the forum. It's doesn't matter if it's a Pontiac Sunbird or a Chevy Celebrity wagon. The rules say we have to buy it complete with a bill of sale, but if you sell it to us cheap we'll put you name on the car in big letters with a smiley face. We'll also need to put safetty equipment on the car like a roll cage, good brakes, a racing harness ( I have one already), good tires, and some other small things.

What Ben and I are hoping is that not only can we represent for 60degree in the race, but that could possibly make this the 2008 60V6 meet. It's the perfect excuse to stay up and drink all night! To read all the official rules, go to www.24hoursoflemons.com

I'm entering this race no matter what, but to make this a forum thing would be awesome. Anyone in?
    I may own a GTO now, but I'm still a 60V6er at heart.

I really like this idea. They crush all the vehicles that don't run 24 hours With my schedule, I may be perfect for the night/early morning driving shift. Certainly could be a 60V6 meet but at the very least, we can represent the site. I think we can put together a car that will last 24 hours of lemons for the price range limits.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Theres a 96 olds cutlass for sale for 250 around here! lol
      sigpic
      1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
      3400/Getrag 284 5spd
      1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
      350/NV3500 5spd
      2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

Hmmm. Big, square, simple. I like! Who's selling it?

Comment

Get you a 93 sunbird for 150 here.

Comment

In. Don't have a car to offer up, though. Depending on when I have my daughter, I'd love to put up a stint in the drivers' seat.
            \"NASCAR is an integral part of my life. A part of me died when Dale Earnhardt died.\"

1997 Olds CS 4-door S/C - 183,527 miles
            1999 Chevrolet Lumina 3100 - Wife took it at 158,340 miles
            1989 Volvo 740GL Wagon 2.3 8v - 232,050 miles

Comment

Same here, I can do some driving time for sure. Its the fireproof suit that is gonna be a PITA unless I can borrow one from someone that does go kart racing (same stuff I think).
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

just was checking out the site for it, adn found this

WHAT'S A $500 CAR, EXACTLY?

A car that reaches the starting line for a grand total investment of $500, including purchase and preparation. The only things not included in that figure are approved safety equipment, brakes, and wheels/tires.

also found this right below it LOL

WILL I DIE?

Maybe. Safety equipment isn't included in the $500 car-purchase price, so you'll have kind of a fighting chance. But this isn't a brilliant thing to be doing. Get used to it.

here ya go

Because racing isn't just for rich idiots... it's for all idiots.
                Last edited by RedBird; 12-14-2007, 03:20 AM.

Cammed 3400 --> 224whp 210wtq
                Cammed 3500 --> ???
                1 of 5 3500 J-Bodies

Comment

Originally posted by RedBird View Post
                  just was checking out the site for it, adn found this

WHAT'S A $500 CAR, EXACTLY?

A car that reaches the starting line for a grand total investment of $500, including purchase and preparation. The only things not included in that figure are approved safety equipment, brakes, and wheels/tires.

also found this right below it LOL

WILL I DIE?

Maybe. Safety equipment isn't included in the $500 car-purchase price, so you'll have kind of a fighting chance. But this isn't a brilliant thing to be doing. Get used to it.

here ya go

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/
                  All the more reason to drive it like you stole it. I'm more than willing to handle a driving duty and chip in for parts.
                  Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

haha, yeah, the rules are awesome. Josh didn't find alcohol or beer in the rules. Im sure you can't drive drunk...or can you:P
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I'd be interested in that Sunbird possibly. What's it got for a drivetrain?

Comment

get anything with a 3.1MPFI and 3t40. Maybe a Corsica, celebrity or something to that effect. Bank on it!
                        Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
                        3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
                        Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
                        2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
                        TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

Wondering about the $500 limit... If parts are donated by individuals, how does that figure into the equation? Is the $500 limit determined by reciepts or something? So if a person donates, say a seat, would they need to write a "bill of sale" and state the price as $0?

I am very interested in this project. Not sure I'll be able to head up to drive, but I'll try to help out as much as possible.
                          -Brad-
                          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                          sigpic
                          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkoolGP View Post
                            I'd be interested in that Sunbird possibly. What's it got for a drivetrain?
                            3.1 manual

Comment

oh, sorry... i just thought this thread was an open invitation for malibu owners

Comment

Working...
                              X