This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf?

I'm gone for the weekend and come back to this?
    O.K. if the "a" means its a 3.4, tell me why 3.4 pistons are smaller than the bore?
    And Oooo I'm using pvc rubber bends for mock up...I'M STILL WELDING ON IT!
    Why would I run the risk of burning up my $80.00 a piece turbonetics elbows?
    I had it listed as a 3400 because I never knew they went to 3900 till I came here to this site, I even asked if anyone had a clue as to what engine block it was.
    The only diiference is the bore...Oooo sorry.
    I don't spend my time looking up production #'s and what not, come on!

And I run, host and attend shows....thats why everthing sticks out, to grab attention, i'm not trying to build a "sleeper", I want it to be obnoxious!

The "box" is internally split by a divider, it was sturdier and provided a better mount than twin flanges.

Hopefully the "partical board" interior adds some wieght and keeps the front end down, not to meantion EVERYONE USES IT AS A START even if you "fibergalss" over it and make your interior look like a piece of plastic, or make make a "box" out of it or whatever, so quit hate-ing because your cars have stock interiors and I CAN actually build a whole new interior thats fresher than your crap ever will be.

And screw you "zofo" what kind of asshole posts bullshit on someones page like you do, them P.M's them leaves another message to be an even bigger ass?
    direct quote- by "zofo"
    "Take a pick....your car or your wife.....either way ..........still a peice of shit.............estimate that Mother Fucker"

Is this the kind of people you have running the site here???

Sounds like a temper tantrum from a 3yo "zofo"
    You wish your dumb ass had my car, my life, and my wife, but you sit on your computer too much jerking off....sticky keyboard???? asshole!

I tought this site had entusiasts on it, not a collection of kids trying to measure thier little penises...mine is bigger....lmao!

The jealousy is amazing, completely histerical.

Wait till the rides done, I have yet to see ANYTHING as completely modded as this on this site, or cardomain.

Except for the couple people who acctually liked the car and had real questions about it, the rest of you can suck my balls after I take a mean taco shit and wipe forward....
    !!!!! BOSCH PLUGS RULE !!!!!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/powerdoctor

it's not a 3900, get over it. NONE of the older heads will bolt to a 3900. Not to mention that the 3900 would have had the VVT actuator, offset bores, no useable crankshaft trigger and other things to deal with. It's a completely different beast (which has been PROPPERLY swapped into a Fiero with a twin turbo setup allready) and should truely make 500 WHP w/o nitrous.

it's a 3400 block, the only gen3 V6 to have an A is a 3400. 3100's have a B and 3500's have a C. the pistons will rattle around in the bore a little without the rings in them. Anyone who claims to know as much as you should know that as well.. it's called piston to bore clearance.

looks like it'll be all show and no go.. typical show car.

you basically took a 185 HP V6 cut it down to around 160 with the crappy top end, then boosted it with an unbalanced horribly layed out turbo system. you might be lucky and break 250 WHP with all the nitrous, certainly not anywhere near the 500 HP you are claiming.

but hey, the paint looks nice and i really like your choice in rims.
    Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

The first thread was closed for a reason. This one will get closed as well if it gets out of hand. And unfortunately, I can't control what members on here post in PMs, or on CarDomain, and any other site for that matter. If you have an issue with stuff like that, please take it to PMs.
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

What "special" program are you using to tune that 98 Grand Am PCM?
        Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

We already covered the fact it was not a 3900.

Piston to bore clearance is one thing, this "clearance" is totaly different, like 3/16's of an inch different.

What's so unbalanced about the turbo system?
          I may have 300 cubic inches differnce between the sides due to the pipe it took to get around the tranz, but I made up the difference in the "box" and the length of the other header.

A pushrod engine with my "crappy" heads is still capable of way more power than that.
          Ever read the book "chevy 60 degree v6 performance" by tom curo?

They have N/A iron head engines making 300 hp in it.

You guys need to stop jocking the GM specs for a minute and open your minds a little.

I have seen ford 302's make almost 600 hp N/A and those motors suck!

The smallest displacement of these engines is what? 173 cubic inches?

If you only make 1 hp per cubic inch thats 173 right there.
          If you make 2 per Ci thats 346 hp.

Are you trying to tell me that this engine is so inefficient that it can only make 1 hp per cubic inch?

come on man.

Comment

Heres a pic of the book.
            Its an interesting read.
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about the "out of hand"

I was not the one who did that to the thread.

I actually want to have normal discussions.....

Comment

The "special program" is one being worked on by a friend in the "x" garage...I can say no more about it.
                But these are just a few that I was considering, I am still considering all options.

HP Tuners is the leading diagnostic and calibration solution for vehicle performance with the latest MPVI3 interface and VCM Suite software.

Got any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by powerdoctor View Post
                  The "box" is internally split by a divider, it was sturdier and provided a better mount than twin flanges.
                  I can understand the wanting a solid structur to mount the turbos to, they are heavy and need to be mounted nice and solid. Im not trying to be an ass when i made the suggestion. Im just saying you will have ALOT of lag and lose efficentcy. turbos work off exhaust flow and velocity, when you have it dump into a "Box" divided or not then into the turbo you lose velocity. it will not build pressure quick enought to be efficient. I would HIGHLY suggest running the exhaust pipes to a flange going directly into the turbo. I do think that will make a SIGNIFICANT difference in spool time and overall power.

As for the Dual intercooler setup... I dunno... I would seriously consider running i good cooler. Alot of factory "Dual intercooled" cars convert to 1 good cooler (300zx, 3000gt, ect) that eliminates a good chunk of piping which helps throttle responce and frees up a good chunk of room in the engine bay.. In a fiero you would have to run the charge pipe to and from the cooler over the engine anyhow which is going to heat up the charges any way. And keeping other vent open will also allow heat to excape from under the hood keeping the underhood temps lower.

Im not the smartest guy around but i know a little bit about what im talking about.... atleast i like to think so...

If your running a OBDII computer then i would use HPTuner. Don't bother with anything else. Thats what all the big boys use!

S
                  Shane "RedZMonte"
                  2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
                  1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
                  -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
                  2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
                  1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
                  1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
                  1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
                  1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

The "special program" is one being worked on by a friend in the "x" garage...I can say no more about it.
                    But these are just a few that I was considering, I am still considering all options.

HP Tuners is the leading diagnostic and calibration solution for vehicle performance with the latest MPVI3 interface and VCM Suite software.

Got any suggestions?
                    No, I was just wondering about the "special program."
                    Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

I didn't think you were trying to be rude about the "box"

I wanter 2 coolers for "show" reasons, one cooler may be better, but even with 1 cooler, or 2 , the boost from both spools will eventaully come together at the intake or in the 1 cooler, and have the oppotunity to backfeed each other any ways.

The engine has about 10/1 compression at the least and I am looking at the turbos more like a supercharger, just for top end.

When thay finally spool, it will most likely be an obnoxiuos surge of power like an old porsche turbo, but oh well.

Then I'll Hit the N.O.S. and BOOM!! LMAO!

Its a toy anyways, who knows what the future will bring as far as redesign or mods.

Thanx for your reply.

Comment

how much boost/NO2 are you running?

S
                        Shane "RedZMonte"
                        2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
                        1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
                        -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
                        2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
                        1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
                        1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
                        1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
                        1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

You do this for a living for real people... You don't know the piston specs. You said the stock pistons stuck out 1/8", so we can establish .125 = .020 and 3/8 = .060. Factor error in conversion and you don't know what you are talking about, and I would guess it was bored .060 over and actually had ~.030 clearance.

You said it has the steel crank...but that doesn't bolt right in so you surely know what you did to that correct? I mean, you lied about your block to try to impress, so why should I believe anything else about your engine?
                          Ben
                          60DegreeV6.com
                          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

The engine has about 10/1 compression at the least and I am looking at the turbos more like a supercharger, just for top end.
                            I didn't realize that superchargers were just for the top end.
                            '98 Volvo V90 - Ford 5.0 swap in progress
                            '96 LR Range Rover 4.6 HSE - suspiciously reliable
                            '92 Volvo 740 Wagon - former parts car, now daily-driver beater
                            '71 Opel Kadett Wagon - 1.9L CIH w/ Weber DGV 32/36, in bits

Comment

O.K. "slappy"

Heres your answer...

The "v" vin crank is from a 90 eurosport 3.1 turbo.

You can use the same pickup/refrence/spark timer... ect as the rest of the engines.

You take up the slop between the blocks in the thrust bearing.

Heres the part # 10110549
                              Call the dealer and ask them .
                              It listed for $800.00 dollars, but now is discontinued.
                              I rob them from the scrap yard.

If you weren't bieng so rude I may have answered you earlier....

Comment

Working...
                              X