No announcement yet.

Should i stick with the 60 degree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Trooper does happen to be my first car (but I've owned others too), and I like it, so I made it a more respectable truck by upgrading to the SFI 3.4L.

My Isuzu Amigo with the DOHC 3.2L could still drive circles around the Trooper, but it's too small for my needs and I just don't have the same attachment to it (it is fun to drive though - short wheel base, 205hp with limited slip).

Gotta check the wants with the needs.
    '98 Volvo V90 - Ford 5.0 swap in progress
    '96 LR Range Rover 4.6 HSE - suspiciously reliable
    '92 Volvo 740 Wagon - former parts car, now daily-driver beater
    '71 Opel Kadett Wagon - 1.9L CIH w/ Weber DGV 32/36, in bits

Comment

Originally posted by Z26-T View Post
      Exactly. If you like the car enough, put money into it. But if you dont like it, don't. Just because it's your first car doesnt mean you have to keep it. But just because it's your first doesnt mean you have to get rid of it . You can hear old timers saying they wished they had their old cars, well, your car may not be worth what their cars would be in the future, but it's the memories that keep some people with their cars.

If you want to go fast and be like everyone else, buy a car with a V8. If you want to be different, buy something with a V6 or inline 4 and kill the "mighty" v8 kids and impress them. There is something to be said about being different, but girls don't always like the different.

Easy + cheap + no knowledge hp = buy something with v8.
      Harder + more custom + have to know your stuff = Buy something smaller than a v8.
      its like you ripped a page right out of the book in my head.. crazy.. and your right tho
      Dont ever lift,unless its upside down or on fire.

i think this time im going to have the flames painted on this car.im getting tired of my cars catching fire.maybe i need to start flipping them or lifting.

Comment

Originally posted by the400dollarz24 View Post
        its like you ripped a page right out of the book in my head.. crazy.. and your right tho

What can I say...

Thats about all I got to say

But the v6 fuel economy thing vs v8 is why ive stuck with v6 for a DD. Read around and kids with turboed 3100s get close to 25 around town (if you drive it normal), then if you get a proper tune like nukinfutz (sorry if i butchered his name (doubt he's common over here, but is common on the beretta.net/bstuff forums)) did with his super charged quad 4 he was getting 40 mpg around town. Probably sounded like crap because it was barely had enough fuel to keep it running, but it could pwn most things on the road on WOT.

And again, one of my better friends has a Trans AM WS6 with LS1 he's dumped thousands upon thousands of dollars into that to make it fast, and is barely in the 13s (altitude). If I can get the 3400 5 speed beretta I want and throw my turbo kit on it, I should be right there with him, spending maybe 6 for everything, when he has spent that much just in the gearing for his rear diff. He lives at home with his parents and is in his mid twenties. His car is awsome, but since he spends so much money on his toys, he cant afford to live on his own.
        Last edited by Z26-T; 05-02-2008, 03:39 AM.
        You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
        ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
        95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

Comment

i see what you all are saying. basically, i become devoted to what i own, even if before i owned it, i didnt care for it. i think that i should make do with what i have and adapt it for what i want. a cutlass ciera is definitely not what most have in mind when they think fast car, but i want to make it fast.i also just love cars in general, and any car that truely has something different about it is worth keeping in my books.

as for what i plan to do if everything works out, id like to do an l67 (3800 series II) swap into the ciera (like skalor on a-body.net), swap over the suspension and steering rack from a cutlass xc, and some other little things, while making it look stock. right now im sort of in a bet with my friend. he belives anything other than a standard transmission rwd v8 is a waste of time, and i would like to be the one to prove him wrong. he is building a c-10 with a 350 in it.

Comment

Working...
          X