No announcement yet.

#100 glass bead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dust mask FTW! Don't do it without eye protection either if you don't have a cabinet. When I do it (outside) I get on some goggles, put a hat on (feels weird when you wash your hair otherwise), and I pull my shirt up over my nose and mouth. Oh, long sleeves too, unless you don't mind brushing the abrasive stuff off your arms. It's kinda messy outside of a blasting cabinet, but the results are well worth it. I think the cleaned parts I have gotten from mine far outweigh the cost of sand, time, and cleaning up.
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Yeah that reminds me I need better dustmask and stuff. I've ground way too many materials without good protection. Aluminum has it's own taste/smell (better than iron though!) lol. Sucks now my new grinder motor (furnace motor) isn't reversible and the material and stone debris hits me in the face.
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Couple of belts/pulleys can make it reverse
        Links:
        WOT-Tech.com
        FaceBook
        Instagram

Comment

I always use a respirator whenever I do any grinding/sanding/spraying work. I did a lot of fiberglass work last year and forgot to wear long sleeves on one of the days. That got to be pretty miserable!

Comment

Think I may have to go buy one of those harbor freight cabinets when i build my real turbo engine . Gotta make it look purdy
            You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
            ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
            95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

Comment

Working...
            X