1991 Beretta GTZ...is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Beretta GTZ...is it worth it?

so i finally found the car on craigslist ive been searching for locally for the past 3-4 months with no luck....until a post fell into my lap. Its goin for $600 and the post reads as is......

1991 Beretta GTZ, has all service records, only had 2 owners, HAS 130,000 MILES - does need a engine, rod knocking. This car has sunroof, 5 speed transmission. Power locks, power windows, cold air, new CD player. Here is a list of new parts on this car in the last year. Very nice interior, body has a few scratches and dings, as any 1991 car will have. Has no rust on it.THIS HAS THE QUAD 4 HIGH OUTPUT ENGINE ,2.3 QUAD 4 ,4 CYLINDER .

4 NEW TIRES EXHAUST SYSTEM BATTERY STARTER RADIATOR
    COMPLETE CLUTCH
    NEW CD PLAYER
    ALTERNATOR AND BELTS
    STRUTS
    CAR CAN BE USED AS PARTS OR REPAIR AND DRIVE. CAR WILL HAVE TO BE TOWED OR HAULED CAN NOT BE DRIVEN WITH THE MOTOR KNOCKING.

the car is red w/gray interior, w/ the red 5-star GTZ wheels. $600??? does it sound like i should scoop it up or shouldnt even waste my time?? thnx guys
    Attached Files

be prepared to dish out a lot of money on this. and quad 4 is expensive to own. Manny shop will refuse to work on it too.So if your mechanically inclined It's a good car, but if your not good engine wise....find an 3.1 GTZ instead.
    Mike 60degree addict.
    Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
    sigpic
    65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

id snag that up in a heartbeat just because that engine, lick the lq1-has SOOO much potential, but keep in mind its kind of a rare engine so parts matching wont be too easy, and from what i hear, this engine is a very big pita to work on. but considering with an ecu tune, porting, headers, cai, etc... you could be looking at power like what an s2000 puts out, for a 91 chevy 4 banger, thats pretty amazing!!

Comment

I had the same one but it had an eggcrate grill on it. it's not hard to work on those engine ( i (take 5 hours to get to the headgasket) but whatever you do on this engine you MUST NOT cut corners. The power is impressive I agree but it will never be an S2000 power. If you drive good and mod it you can go down to high-mid 14. stocks it's an mid 15sec car.
        Mike 60degree addict.
        Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
        sigpic
        65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

Working...
        X