This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.3 computer chip

Im looking for a chip or someone tell me how to remove top speed limiter,my cars pretty fast know i would just like to remove limiter,thanks

Well, first, you can't just say you want a chip for your car without giving some information (year, make, model). And second, this is a 60 degree v6 site (2.8, 3.1, 3.4, 3.4DOHC, 3.5, 3.5VVT, 3.6DOHC, 3.9VVT) so looking for a chip for your 2.3 I4 won't really work out too well for you here. I would suggest finding a forum dedicated to the engine/car you have and ask around there, you would probably get much better results there.
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

wow

ge i thought i was in dohc performance which i have,where else should i look ,ya know every time i register for 1 of the forums all i get is smart ass answers,never any help!

Comment

Originally posted by scohick View Post
        ge i thought i was in dohc performance which i have,where else should i look ,ya know every time i register for 1 of the forums all i get is smart ass answers,never any help!
        This is DOHC as it relates to the DOHC V6 (since the site name is 60degreeV6.com)

If you are talking about the 2.3 Quad 4 HO GM Engine found in the older Berettas, Grand Am's and Oldsmobiles then check out www.quad4forums.com. Lots of great people over there.
        Past Builds;
        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
        Current Project;
        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by scohick View Post
          Well with a smart ass reponce like this..... I wonder why... If you want to ask a incomplete question you will get a incomplete answer..... If you want help, ask in intelligent question with all the info needed to answer the question intelligently... Here is a concept that may be hard for someone to grasp.... in a crazy idea to turn a profit, GM made more then 1 DOHC 60* V6.... (Think About it). Then your second problem is you put "2.3 Computer Chip" what exactly does that mean? on a "60 Degree V6" forum 2.3 means nothing....

Depending on what car you have you may be able to remove the limiter a few different ways... If you can provide the appropriate information you will get a answer that may be usefull to you.

Year:
          Make:
          Model:
          Motor:

S
          Last edited by RedZMonte; 03-26-2009, 12:40 AM.
          Shane "RedZMonte"
          2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
          1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
          -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
          2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
          1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
          1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
          1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
          1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

Me telling you that you should do a search for a forum that can help you isn't help? Wow, now I've heard it all. What you are doing would be like me taking my truck to a Honda forum and asking them where I can get a chip for it. I told you everything you need to know as far as it concerns this site. You are in the wrong place for the information you're looking for, and I told you how to find the people that could help you. BTW, you're welcome. Besides, if you can't tell the difference between a DOHC four cylinder and a DOHC v6, I don't think you should remove your speed limiter because anything you could have potentially done to your car could possibly make it dangerous.
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Every time this guy joins a forum not for his car or engine, he gets the same answers. amazing.

/thread.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
              X