• Show
Clear All

• Got some workspace...

Lift should be here by next weekend, bought a flow bench as well
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

If i had that much space i'd never go home!

Nice!
    Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Looks like a nice little place to do work. Does it come with a bathroom, office, and A/C?
      Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Thanks Dave

Originally posted by 1988GTU View Post
        Looks like a nice little place to do work. Does it come with a bathroom, office, and A/C?
        The pics are from the 12x16' A/C office (it looks like crap and didn't want to show it off lol), and the square drywall room next to the bay door has a toilet and sink in it (also nast-E!). I need to get the overhead lights working, there are 5 double 8' fixtures, but none are lit up - also the office receptacles don't work nor the (2) 4' fixtures in there

Good thing I know how to diagnose and repair this stuff, the work/materials it takes to fix it comes off next month's rent w00t.
        Links:
        WOT-Tech.com
        FaceBook
        Instagram

Comment

Looks good John. It will fill up quick. Get plenty of strong tall shelves and use up your wall space. We have over 3000sf and it is crowded as I am always picking up tools/toys/whatever. My wife says it's my junk and some may be but you always seem to need it right after you get rid of it.
          MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
          '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5
          http://www.tcemotorsports.com
          http://www.britishcarconversions.com/lx9-conversion

Comment

Originally posted by CNCguy View Post
            you always seem to need it right after you get rid of it.
            Ain't that the friggin truth!
            Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Throw a bed, small kitchen and tv in the office and you're set!
              sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
              1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
              16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
              Original L82 Longblock
              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
              Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

EDIT: Looking at a local used lift tomorrow!!!! w00t
                Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 10-07-2009, 10:28 PM.
                Links:
                WOT-Tech.com
                FaceBook
                Instagram

Comment

I spy twin hair dryers.
                  Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

workspace is cool. looks like you got a nice setup there.

i was happy when i got the setup i have now. big enough so i can pull 2 cars in and more than enough room to move the cherry picker around with ease.

just need to get the 60 gallon air compressor down there where i can use it instead of at my house.

heres mine shitty picture but you get the idea.
                    Last edited by geldartb; 10-10-2009, 04:36 PM.
                    sigpic
                    99 Grand Am GT
                    3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
                    Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
                    1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
                    515 515 lift 112 lsa
                    15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Originally posted by sprucegagt View Post
                      I spy twin hair dryers.

Originally posted by geldartb View Post
                      workspace is cool. looks like you got a nice setup there.

i was happy when i got the setup i have now. big enough so i can pull 2 cars in and more than enough room to move the cherry picker around with ease.

just need to get the 60 gallon air compressor down there where i can use it instead of at my house.

heres mine shitty picture but you get the idea.
                      Nice and tall!

I have a 6hp 33gal and 2 25 gallon tanks for extra capacity, but that's only temporary (the big white thing is a blasting cabinet ). I am buying a twin cylinder compressor head and 5hp belt-drive setup and the tanks will go over the bathroom or office. That direct drive is WAY too noisy lol.

Since my last post I have driven all over creation looking at junk lifts and everyone wants $800-$1000 for them So after some searching, found out there is a warehouse for Tiger Lifts 3.5hrs away and they have new lifts for $1375 if I pick it up - little over my budget but think it might be the best way to go.

Also ordered the flow bench equipment, so I can test from 17 to over 700 CFM There are lot's of SBC and BBC guys around here, then the usual imports - can't keep working on 60* only if I want this to grow as a business.
                      Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 10-10-2009, 04:45 PM.
                      Links:
                      WOT-Tech.com
                      FaceBook
                      Instagram

Comment

i got the compressor from a guy at work for $250. it was sitting in his garage and he wasnt using it anymore. he already had another one a little more powerful.
                        i kinda plan on putting the compressor on the other side of the wall to cut down on the noise.

it looks like this.

id love a lift. always wanted one and will have one someday. my uncle next door has a lift so if i really need to do something that requires it i can use that.

the nice and tall comes with a small price though when the lights burn out. took a 12ft ladder to change the bulbs and that was a challenge. the 8ft bulbs like to bend a little.

they use to use it for a school bus company. could fit a couple of the smaller school buses in there. like these

got most of my stuff down there now. its nice having everything in one spot and a spot to keep the car inside and out of the elements.
                        just gets a little cold in the winter no insulation really except on the roof. got a little 85,000btu propane heater last year that helps out and makes it bearable but it chews through a 20lb tank is 12-15hrs.

that cool what you do for business. sounds like you doing pretty good. your right gotta expand the people you service, the BBC and SBC crowd should bring some pretty good numbers.
                        sigpic
                        99 Grand Am GT
                        3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
                        Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
                        1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
                        515 515 lift 112 lsa
                        15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Originally posted by geldartb View Post
                          i kinda plan on putting the compressor on the other side of the wall to cut down on the noise.

One house we were looking at years ago had a small enclosure around the air compressor and ended up lining the interior of it with that egg crate bed foam to cut down on the noise. I thought about it for mine, but it's really not that loud for a 60 gallon. I mean, I can talk over it. I have to speak louder, but I don't have to come close to shouting.
                          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                          91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                          92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                          94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                          Originally posted by Jay Leno
                          Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I guess I can toss up some of my garage pics. Just got finished insulating it last week. R-13 all around.

Dimensions: 28' x 35' w/ 11' ceiling. Updates for next weekend:

OSB paneling

5/4 deck boards which will be cut to fit on top of the cinder blocks.

When I'm done all the joints will be sealed then all the walls and ceiling will be painted white.
                            Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

Nice! My house has a single 16' door for the 2 car garage and is only 19'x22'. I am glad to have my garage back, and one I get the few last things out, might start parking the Bimmer in there

I measured the shop this weekend and it is 45'x16' in the bay and the office is 12'x16', office has an 8' dropped ceiling with acoustic panels and the bay is 16' to the bottom of the metal trusses. So, it is actually slightly less than 1000 sf.
                              Links:
                              WOT-Tech.com
                              FaceBook
                              Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X