You might be a 60v6 enthusiast if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
    they are all about the L67. if it doesn't have one, its a piece of shit. that is their mentality.

if they start talking about the FWD LS motor, i will be amazed.
    Well, be prepared to be amazed cause I just did some spying.....hehe and they in fact do have an LS4 section on their Forum...Teh go figure
    sigpic
    94 Firebird 3.4 DD
    252000mi. All original

Comment

Originally posted by Firehawk94 View Post
      Well, be prepared to be amazed cause I just did some spying.....hehe and they in fact do have an LS4 section on their Forum...Teh go figure
      i'm.....................somewhat speechless.

but how active is it compared to the OMG L67 EVERYTHING!!! threads?
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Haha yea its quite ridiculous how they split the GPs up by year. Why not just have a general section? I really dont see the hype with these engines I mean they sound like crap for one thing. Which remindes me......"You might be a 660 enthusiast if you prefer the sound of an idling 660 over a V8.
        sigpic
        94 Firebird 3.4 DD
        252000mi. All original

Comment

Originally posted by Firehawk94 View Post
          You might be a 660 enthusiast if you prefer the sound of an idling 660 over a V8.
          you might be a 660 enthusiast if your 660 gets compared to V8s...

i've fooled MANY people into that one. with nothing more than the glasspack in place of the stock monster, some air box handywork and donkey dong bypass.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

lol @ Donkey Dong Bypass.

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
              some air box handywork
              I've had people comment on my "exhaust" when I've gotten on it. It's 2 1/4 mandrel bent with stock style mufflers, it's no performance exhaust (minus being mandrels). What they heard was my gutted airbox, lol. That really throws them for a loop, especially the way it sounds in tunnels/underpasses when I get on it.
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
              Originally posted by Jay Leno
              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                I've had people comment on my "exhaust" when I've gotten on it. It's 2 1/4 mandrel bent with stock style mufflers, it's no performance exhaust (minus being mandrels). What they heard was my gutted airbox, lol. That really throws them for a loop, especially the way it sounds in tunnels/underpasses when I get on it.
                i know EXACTLY what you're talking about... except for being a L82 compared to a LQ1... the echo that comes out of an underpass makes everyone take at least a second look. on the highway next to concrete barriers, it does it to a lesser effect. i need to seriously fix the exhaust though... bad crimp in it after the resonator...
                Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

mines all mandrel bent too, two glass pack style mufflers from magnaflow, and no cat, just a resonator. havent heard a single backfire yet. but what did you guys do to your air boxes? ive been plannin something but im not sure if im on the right track.

Comment

donkey dong bypass:

gutting:

smoothed tract:
                    Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Originally posted by asylummotorsports View Post
                      The TRANSAXLE in your car is worth more than the car!

The HEADERS on your car are worth more than the car!
                      You've bought an entire other car off craigslist just for the engine and trans, that still costs about the same as the car you plan to put it in.
                      sigpic

3400 - Building

Comment

hmm... my plan was to find some PVC piping to match up with the tube running in to the air cleaner box and using a cone style filter... not much else though. well moving the sensor too. i was kinda thinking of using a bigger tube too. i hear PVC piping works. but ive been looking for something that doesnt look like its going to swallow a load of crap from a freshly flushed toilette.

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingWeToddDid View Post
                          hmm... my plan was to find some PVC piping to match up with the tube running in to the air cleaner box and using a cone style filter... not much else though. well moving the sensor too. i was kinda thinking of using a bigger tube too. i hear PVC piping works. but ive been looking for something that doesnt look like its going to swallow a load of crap from a freshly flushed toilette.
                          make sure you put the sensor IN the airstream... not the way GM did it. it doesn't get a good reading when its NEXT TO the airstream... its VERY susceptible to heat soak that way. then the car starts running lean since it thinks the air isn't as dense as it really is.
                          Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

my car running more lean couldnt hurt. its burnin WAY too rich right now.

Comment

you might be a 60v6 junkie if you took this pic...

also, if you have gen2 plenums screwed to your garage wall
                              Past Builds;
                              1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                              1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                              Current Project;
                              1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
                                also, if you have gen2 plenums screwed to your garage wall
                                i just noticed that the 2.8 plenum has it's writing engraved into it compared to the 3.1 having the area around it milled out(cast out? IDK how GM made them)....

but

if you chuckle, on the toilet, while reading How to Re-Build Your GM V-6 60*, you might be a 660 enthusiast...
                                Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Working...
                                X