X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You might be a 60v6 enthusiast if...

You might be a 60v6 enthusiast if....

You have 2 or more engines in your garage... not in cars

You have a friend who bought a new van and before you were told what kind it was, he is already hitting you up for a LIM gasket change job

You refer to engines by their RPO code, not displacement

You keep a backup alternator on the shelf (if you own an LQ1)

You know what manifolds and heads will fit on which blocks without too much modification

Fill in some more, boys, my mind is tired...
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Guilty on two accounts.

You have an engine in your car that contains parts from other motors other than the actual one that is in your car...

^^ Guilty. My motor is made up of a total of 4 different motors... LOL. I have another engine on a stand made up from a total of 3 motors... haha
    Last edited by IsaacHayes; 10-13-2009, 06:41 PM.
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

You have to use more then one hand to count all the cars you've owned with 6 60's in them (more then two hands for the true enthusiast).
      sigpic

Comment

You've modified your only daily driver more than your friends have modified their drag car.
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

... if you've thrown hydrochloric or sulfuric acid in a 3800s bores just for a chuckle.... you might be a 660 enthusiast.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

You have 2 full 60v6s in your basement, plus enough parts to build almost another complete engine, yet you don't even own a car with a 60v6 in it. I was guilty of this for almost a year, until we bought the Rendezvous a few months ago...
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

If you have been to every 60V6 meet, you might be a redneck...er...60V6 enthusiast.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

You own a site dedicated to 60v6s.

You own a site dedicated to 60v6s and you don't even own one yourself.

You own a shirt that says "Fuck the L67".
                -Brad-
                sigpic

Comment

... if you carry a spark plug socket, a ratchet, a bottle of water and a ziplock bag filled with Quik-Crete for those junkyard runs when you run across an "undesireable motor" while wearing a "Fuck the L67" T-shirt...... you just might be a 660 enthusiast.
                  1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                  Latest nAst1 files here!
                  Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

You just bought another 660......

Your saved favorites is 660.....

You only sell your 660 to 660 site members....

You donate a car for further development of a chip.....

You drink a late night beer staring at a 660....

You drove the Minus 1....
                    If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
                    sigpic

Comment

You can remember the old "Sunday night chats", and know who Chris Williams, Curtis Walker, and even Shawn Larsen are.

You laugh when someone posts "I agree".

You remember when having hitting 3100 posts TOTAL on the forums was a milestone.

You remember being a member of GM Forums and all the fiasco behind it.
                      -Brad-
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                        You have 2 or more engines in your garage... not in cars

You have a friend who bought a new van and before you were told what kind it was, he is already hitting you up for a LIM gasket change job

You keep a backup alternator on the shelf (if you own an LQ1)

You know what manifolds and heads will fit on which blocks without too much modification
                        Guilty, but not as much on the cross compatibility for manifolds and blocks and such as the other 3...

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
                        You have an engine in your car that contains parts from other motors other than the actual one that is in your car...
                        Guilty. The heads in the 92 are the P&P ones Ben did for me for the 91 a long time ago... As for your other point, my engine on the stand is a crate engine, so it wouldn't have come with manifolds so the ones on it can't be considered originals to the engine, lol.

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                        If you have been to every 60V6 meet, you might be a redneck...er...60V6 enthusiast.
                        Since you joined and found out about meets, or every single one? I only missed the very first one because I was a n00b and didn't know about it so depending on your answer, I could be guilty on this one...

Originally posted by RednBlack View Post
                        You donate a car for further development of a chip.....

You drove the Minus 1....
                        Guilty and guilty....

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
                        You can remember the old "Sunday night chats", and know who Chris Williams, Curtis Walker, and even Shawn Larsen are.

You remember being a member of GM Forums and all the fiasco behind it.
                        Guilty (except I didn't know Shawn, but had heard of him and knew who he is) and Guilty (including John's whole "Any mod who doesn't post in here in the next 24 hours is no longer going to be a mod" rant... what a tool).

Hi! My name is Jon and I own a 60v6...
                        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

If you know what +6-6 is
                          If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RednBlack View Post
                            If you know what +6-6 is
                            Guilty.

Don't forget "13* retarded".

And what's real bad is you've taken a 2 year vacation and still have more posts than me...
                            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Hi Jon! I am Dennis I am a 660 owner. Is this 12 step program?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X