My Neighbor's 900+ HP "Little Toy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Neighbor's 900+ HP "Little Toy"

Too impatient to wade through the hard candy coating to get to the bubblegum center of this story? Go Here:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Otherwise...Read on...and I think you'll enjoy this... LOL

Back in the day when "The Tonight Show" was still REAL and hosted by Johnny Carson (probably before many of you were even born)... He had Bob Hope and Dean Martin as his first and second Guests...and dragging up in last place towards the end of the show ...was a little comedian named Goerge Gobels...who came out, sat down... and said a few words...and then realizing how low on the Celebrity Totem Pole he really was in present company...he looked out at the Live TV audience and said this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Well... that about sums up how I feel while living across the street from my buddy Eric...who just happens to have a 1964 Chevrolet Nova S/S being Raffled off at the Next Annual Daytona Turkey Trot gathering at Daytona International Speedway around November 26th, 2009 (you still have time to get a mail in ticket for two bucks at this site and win this automobile!!...and here is a pic of Eric's Raffle Car).

But the really interesting part is that he has another Modified Chevy Nova Race car he has been working on of late that is the subject of the attached photo-play and the link to a video and other images of this incredible car.

Also... Living directly behind me on an old Horse Farm that he's bought and then converted to what can only be described as a "Mopar Heaven" is a very rich...but sadly quadraplegic man ...named Merritt...who is just a sweetheart of a guy and a good neighbor...but on his property is a HUGE warehouse that holds two-dozen Classic Mopar Products...RoadRunners...440 Plymouths...Cars with the original Chrysler FirePower 392 engines...Just UNBELIEVABLE! He even has a short race track for burnouts back there! Yes...Right behind my house!

And so...Here I am.. piddling along on my son's Lil 3.4L V6...trying to hold my head up while wedged tightly in between the sound and presence of all this daunting and rumbling horsepower... George Gobels...? You've got nothing on ME, Brother!

Enjoy the Auto Eye Candy! (By the way...BOTH of my neighbors are great guys...and the Real Deal when it comes to making things that go sooooo GD Fast!)

I've just uploaded the rest of these images and a video I cammed today inside Eric's Home Garage so you can all "gleam the cube" of this amazing second Nova Super Sport machine that he is almost finished building...This car will be performing at the Daytona Turkey Run (Daytona International Speedway)... so it might get a lot of attention...

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

--==Bob==--
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 10-25-2009, 05:56 AM.

Now that is a nice car...

I do remember when Johnny Carson hosted the Tonight Show, but that clip is a bit older than I remember. George was a funny guy!
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

looks like my uncles car minus 500hp LOL that is nice

Comment

Originally posted by Jake91 View Post
        looks like my uncles car minus 500hp LOL that is nice
        --- Do you mean Eric's NOVA has 500 HP LESS than your Uncle's Chariot? Ouch! Pics and Vids on THAT car...PLEASE!---

Yessir...and with all that enormous torque... Wheelie Bars are an absolute MUST ...but he has no room in the length of the garage to keep them bolted on. Did you happen to notice in the windshield reflection how the interior panels of his Garage Door are insulated? Eric must have the only air conditioned garage in West Florida! LOL. When he is done with the build and rolls the car out into the driveway for the firing up before heading over to Daytona...I'll try to grab some videos of the look and sound of it in action... This is the kind of stuff one can only do on a time line I call..."BK"....(Before Kids). I told the man that if his lovely wife ever tells him she has a 'bun in the oven, Dear!'... then he'll have to say Bye-Bye to all these magnificent toys!
        Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 11-01-2009, 12:53 PM.

Comment

NO LOL I typed that bad my uncle has one the same color and year with a little over 400 hp
          Last edited by Jake91; 11-05-2009, 12:00 AM.

Comment

what has been done to it

Comment

Okeedoke... Another video of another one my neighbor Eric's "Classic Race Cars" for us to drool over! (The Old Chev' is on the way to the Body Shop for the installation of the rest of the body odds and ends and a new, leather R&T Interior... I didn't have a chance to shoot images of the engine...over 500 HP though!)

(How come none of my "projects" are anything like his...Hmmmm? )

Comment

This is a sound "Forced Firebird" would appreciate...

Dammit! Eric only drives "NBHP" Cars...

Nothing But Horse Power!

Got Lope?

Comment

Okay...

Why he chose such a cold and dreary day to roll out and fire up his 1964 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport I can't quite figure... but I HAD to get some videos of the car just tooling around the block (with one or two surprises...as expected when the gas pedal gets mashed... . This engine was shaking this Ol' Boys teeth(yes ...I still have all 32 of my own...believe it or not...) with so much vibration. This car is just a thrilling machine to see and hear and my little Sony Cybershot camera will not do it proper justice... Enjoy!

Eric mentions on the last video that he posts and contributes to the below listed site...for those of you with an interest in Drag Racing:

Comment

Okay... I helped my Buddy Eric this afternoon after seeing him and his "Squeeze" buried under mountains of Pin-Oak Leaves and then loaned him a cool "Leaf Mulcher" Shop-Vac from Loew's that gobbles 'em up... chews on 'em thoroughly and then bags them at a volume reduction of 15 to 1 ( a very nice 'High Compression Ratio' ...if you ask me... ) and while I was begging for some HVAC help through a work friend of his (my A/C is Tits Up!) he invited me into his garage to get a look at the goodies he has just upgraded in the Ass End of his 1964 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport II with its 900+ HP...and getting better and faster all the time... Have a look at the latest snaps... here...

Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 04-15-2010, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Just a note that at his last competition back in October... somebody grabbed this "Beef Cake" image of Eric in the Nova II "Grabbing Some Air"... sans Wheelie Bars, too

Comment

well im jealous, i hate to say it but has anyone seen nelson's 4.3 they built for a typhoon? i think it was for that but check it out its one there website www.nelsonracingengines.com

Comment

Just a recent update on this interesting muscle car...

Eric and his wife (both depicted in gray tee shirts in the latest photo...uh... HE is the one in the middle with the mustache...LOL) along with his buddy "Big Dave" have been touring the NHRA circuit around Florida this last year and according to what I am hearing... scaring the living sh*t out of all the other competition. The word is out from them to, "Watch out for that RBD (Really Big Dude) in the LBC (Little Blue Car). The attached "beefcake" is a photo from a visit to the race track in Bradenton, Florida that shows what they all seem to so very worried about...

ericstoynightmare2.jpg

Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 11-12-2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Dear God, that is one nice machine!
                            1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

How does it go? Oh yeah... "Whoever Dies with The Fastest Toys...Wins..." LOL. I saw Eric this morning and he told me that at that same meet, his buddy "Big Dave" ...He's the one in the latest image... The older dude wearing a white Tee Shirt and sporting a handle bar moustache that makes him look very much like Ward Bond... you know... the old 1940's actor and one of John Wayne's best friends (plays the town marshal in Rio Bravo)... Anyhoo...Big Dave has another Top Fuel Race Car that ran a 4.67 beating his rival by just a few ten thousandths of a second...(that's an "RCH" (Red C*** Hair) for the pot.... $12,000.00... That ought to just about cover his Nitro-Methane Bills...
                              Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 11-13-2011, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X