No announcement yet.

"Leave me alone" box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was wrong in my post above, it was the 2004 meet...

-Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
      Was wrong in my post above, it was the 2004 meet...

The same meet that my spare battery (since I was having charging system issues) became a ramp for the above posted truck. So far every meet has been good times, even the Canada meet that we got rained out on track day.

EDIT: Also, check out induction heating

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      Last edited by pocket-rocket; 01-04-2010, 11:50 PM.
      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
      91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
      92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
      94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
      Originally posted by Jay Leno
      Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Brad, I think you should electrify it....
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Meet this year?

I'm thinking frying a turkey will be a winner
          Links:
          WOT-Tech.com
          FaceBook
          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by planethax View Post
            My GrandFather would put both hands on the old SparkPlug rods (very old school) and stall it out,
            My Dads favorite was to grab a hold of a plug wire and ask me for a wrench, soon as I handed it to him, finger in wire and Zap! I would get it. lol
            "Here Grand Dad...Now just hold on to these ..just like this..."

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And as for making the most of capacitance... Nothing beats an Electromagnetic Rail Gun... First a huge one...

This is an OLD video. The Rail Gun has undergone substantial upgrades since this video first aired. For a more up to date look at the rail gun look herehttp:...

then one built on a smaller scale...

Made from 6 330V camera caps, a single AA battery and the charging circuit. The voltage drops through two aluminum weld bars sandwiched between some lucite a...
            Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 01-05-2010, 11:20 AM.

Comment

i might have to bring my jacobs ladder to this years meet... we're also working on a tesla coil in the shop here at work...

I wish i had pics but we build a supersized bug zapper out of some UV bug lights, metal screen and a few neon transformers. The Mayflies are a bitch on the banks of the Mississippi river.
              Past Builds;
              1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
              1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
              Current Project;
              1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

lmao
                sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                Original L82 Longblock
                with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Speaking of getting "Zapped"... I discovered something that is of consequence to any of us who park their cars inside their garages or have their engines idling nearby and have to deal with the following problem...

Being down in Florida... Everybody and their Brother has fruit trees in their back yards and little time to either take care of them properly or harvest what eventually ripens and falls off of them... Oranges...Grapefruits ..Ponderosa Lemons the size of Soft Balls...all around on the ground and attracting all the critter things that like to eat them. Two varieties of these vermin also enjoy living in close proximity to Man...and will do whatever they can to live indoors down here with us: Suspect (1) Rattus Muroidea (The Common Rat) and Suspect (2) Periplaneta Americana (The Brown Cockroach).

As it happened...one eveing while working on some damned mechanical thing or another.. I had the garage door open and I caught sight in my peripheral vision of Suspect (1) quickly darting inside the edge of the garage and disappearing behind mountains of disorganized car parts, device pieces and boxes inside. Well... being so Effing Clever...I thought I would find some better way to put and end to this rodent's miserable, disease infested life... without using a messy spring trap. So I found a device that kills these varmints by charging up an enoromous capacitor ...and by dabbing a glob of Peanut Butter on the interior tray inside this little Death Chamber...when the beast gets far enough inside and settles down to his snack...the contacts are made and the device fires a very powerful pulse of electricity worthy of being alongside our Old Sparky Electric Chair...now in an upstate Stark Penitentiary Museum. Result? One Rat: DRT (Dead... Right There...)

So I set the trap... and waited for that incredibly loud snapping sound it made when I tested it out. Sure enough...not more than an hour after placing it out in the middle of the garage floor (a bad idea... because I found out much later that rats never move into an open room... only along the walls whenever possible) I heard the device go "POP!" at the same time I was working on an old IBM A22M Pentium III Laptop... that suddenly when as dead as a door nail after the sound faded.

At first... I thought this was just a mere coincidence...that is until I opened the garage door to investigate the results of this execution...only to find that my light switch was inoperative. I scratched my noggin' for just a moment...and then it hit me like a small bolt of lightning... the two lights I had in place at the time this happened were of the mini-swirl Flourescent screw-in bulbs and both the lights and the laptop were within 15-20 feet of this device as the radiant energy Crow flies when it went off... which happened by the way...not because the rat was caught...but rather Suspect (2) had crawled up inside the metal box and inadvertantly touched the side...setting off the trap and instantly killing that huge bug.

So what else could this have been? ...but a smaller version of the very rocket launched EMP bombs that the Chinese will try to use to electronically blind us all with bigger versions of this circuit killer...using EMP. You would not think such a small item like this would be capable of developing such a strong Electro-Magnetic Pulse field and wind up frying the circuitry of other items nearby ...but it did. And so I got rid of it... on the spot... lest I be tempted to conduct one of my crazy experiments on it and accidentally fry the microprocessor/circuitry in any of our ECMs in our running vehicles. I was already out two pricey lights and $10.00 Intel Mobile PIII Microprocessor and that was enough for me. Anybody else ever have this happen to them?
                  Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 01-05-2010, 09:03 PM.

Comment

I've wanted to build a Tesla coil for probably about 16 years but never got around to it.
                    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                    Originally posted by Jay Leno
                    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
                    X