"Leave me alone" box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Leave me alone" box

This is the "leave Me Alone Box" AKA "the most useless machine, ever"...

The most useless machine EVER, and yet every wants one?!!???.Inside a Useless Machine: https://goo.gl/yvsbZpVisit our website: http://frivolousengineering.co...
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

That's cute.

I thought it would shock the crap out of someone if they picked it up or something...

For years I've thought about building a shocking paper weight that activated via a micro switch when lifted off the desk... I wanted to make it look like the Chinese puzzle boxes/Hellrasier box for added effect. I had a small transformer I got out of a desk phone that made some painful shocks from a 9v battery and a 555 timer circuit back in high school. That was the whole high voltage phase... LOL. Best spark I had from a single 9v (so I didn't kill myself) was 1/4" which would turn to an orange arc when you shortened the gap and actually set paper on fire! I used a motor cycle ignition coil.. I started to device a CDI circuit using a HV cap and SCR but never finished it.

Wow, I started to ramble off topic there...!
    Last edited by IsaacHayes; 01-03-2010, 11:15 PM.
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Please watch my other videos of this...Here is an early crude prototype of a powerful plasma arc speaker / tweeter. This has now been superseeded by an effic...

Make me one of these.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Use to love charging of a condenser out of an Ol GM Distributor, leave it on the parts counter just waiting for some fool to come in and pck it up to check it out
        As of April 2
        3rd Gen Cavy has 3500 Installed!
        ----------------------------
        Engine: 2006 SV6 3500 LX9
        Trans: 2002 Getrag F23 5speed
        Pcm: 2001 Impala La1 3400 with complete Engine Harness.
        Injectors: #36 GTPs
        TB: 65mm TCE
        Maf: 1999 3400 Montana.
        Adjustable TCE Fuel pressure Regulator
        Walbro W1 255 pump from Racetronix.
        Beverages: Ice Cold CANADIAN.

Comment

Another fun thing to do is take a capacitor and charge it up (has to be over 40volts as that's the threshold for conducting on skin), take the leads and coil them around the case.

Then chuck it at someone saying "catch!"

Ben that's really cool.
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
            That reminds me of those speakers that use high voltage and plates to make nice clear clean sound. It would also make a better science experiment instead of the stupid project my nephews dumb teacher had him do- find how high you have to run a marble down a ramp to make it loop the loop...
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by planethax View Post
              Use to love charging of a condenser out of an Ol GM Distributor, leave it on the parts counter just waiting for some fool to come in and pck it up to check it out
              I got nailed by that one a couple of times in my High School days working at the Shell Station part time for a "Buck an Hour" pumping gas!

Oh MAN do I have stories about those years!

Comment

Here is a somewhat more "useful" and $$$ saving variation on the "Leave Me Alone" Box...

Comment

I had a coffin box wind up bank that did that. Only you'd lay the coin flat and when you did it pressed a switch and a hand just like that came out and pulled the coin in the casket and as it went in a skull head jumped up and fell back down.
                  Original L82 Longblock
                  with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
                    I had a coffin box wind up bank that did that. Only you'd lay the coin flat and when you did it pressed a switch and a hand just like that came out and pulled the coin in the casket and as it went in a skull head jumped up and fell back down.
                    Absolutely nerve-wracking to watch too... especially if you decide to take back the coin...

Comment

Originally posted by planethax View Post
                      Ouch...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Perhaps this use of the idea would less vicious ...and be closer to something that would work with John's OP Useless Box Idea...and REALLY open the lid quickly!

New 8 Capacitor washer launcher. They are 3,700 uF at 450 volts each, in a parallel/series arrangement for a total of 7,500 uF at 900 volts. That is about ...
                      Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 01-04-2010, 09:44 PM.

Comment

That's nothing!

Ever take a plug wire off a running 60* coil pack? It will arc about 1.5-2" easily and make you feel like you were hit with a sledge hammer.

Best part is if you grab someone else at the same time, they feel like you hit them with a hammer ROFL.
                        Links:
                        WOT-Tech.com
                        FaceBook
                        Instagram

Comment

I have to build one of those boxes. SO many people at my work would play with it. I have a miniature Craftsman jack (see the 2003? 60V6 pics) on my desk and it never fails, that 50% of people will play with it when they are at my desk. A box with a switch? Oh yeah... I'll post pics when I finish it.
                          -Brad-
                          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                          sigpic
                          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

My GrandFather would put both hands on the old SparkPlug rods (very old school) and stall it out,
                            My Dads favorite was to grab a hold of a plug wire and ask me for a wrench, soon as I handed it to him, finger in wire and Zap! I would get it. lol
                            As of April 2
                            3rd Gen Cavy has 3500 Installed!
                            ----------------------------
                            Engine: 2006 SV6 3500 LX9
                            Trans: 2002 Getrag F23 5speed
                            Pcm: 2001 Impala La1 3400 with complete Engine Harness.
                            Injectors: #36 GTPs
                            TB: 65mm TCE
                            Maf: 1999 3400 Montana.
                            Adjustable TCE Fuel pressure Regulator
                            Walbro W1 255 pump from Racetronix.
                            Beverages: Ice Cold CANADIAN.

Comment

Originally posted by 60dgrzbelow0 View Post
                              Perhaps this use of the idea would less vicious ...and be closer to something that would work with John's OP Useless Box Idea...and REALLY open the lid quickly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M3rzx6jtnk&NR=1
                              How about a defibrillator cap vs a potato?

Capacitor rated 54uF/4200VCharged up to 3000VDCOriginal video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqgxQG1PyfM

Half a million volt arc when contacts are opened:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

How to cook a sausage in 10 seconds:

Grilled sausage ready to eat and delicious in less than 10seconds!

And, the reason I want a SSD to replace my standard HDD in my laptop...

(sorry to thread-jack, John)
                              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                              Originally posted by Jay Leno
                              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
                              X